Digvijay Singh, FAICO, MD, MBBS
Division of Ophthalmology
1347, DLF Phase 4
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Dr. Singh is an Ophthalmologist specialising in Paediatric ophthalmology, Strabismus (squint), Neuro-ophthalmology and Glaucoma. Currently, he is a consultant in the division of ophthalmology at Medanta-The Medicity, India and is in-charge of neuro-ophtalmology and pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus services. He has a vast clinical and surgical experience and has been at the coveted All India Institute of Medical Sciences for over a decade, having done his education and training at the institute. He has been an international faculty at prominent conferences and has delivered various instruction courses in his fields of specialisation. With over 50 publications, chapters and a book to his credit, he has contributed significantly to ophthalmic science. An avid researcher, he has been an investigator in a few clinical trials and a guide and advisor to university students for their research projects. He has vast experience in editorial work and is on the editorial board of several journals.
His research interests include: Pediatric ophthalmology and Strabismus, Neuro-ophthalmology and Glaucoma.
• Lifetime member of Glaucoma society of India
• Lifetime member of All India Ophthalmological Society
• Lifetime member of Delhi Ophthalmological Society
• Lifetime member of Strabismology Society of India
1. Saxena R, Sharma M, Singh D, Dhiman R, Sharma P. Medial transposition of split lateral rectus augmented with fixation sutures in cases of complete third nerve palsy. Br J Ophthalmol. 2016; 100(5): 585-587. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2015-307583
2. Saxena R, Singh D, Saha R, Sharma R, Sharma P, Menon V. Clinical profile of non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy in India and factors predictive of visual outcome. EC neurol (ahead of print).
3. Saxena R, Singh D, Saklani R, Gupta SK. Clinical biomarkers and molecular basis for optimized treatment of diabetic retinopathy: Current status and future prospects. Eye and Brain. 2016; 8: 1-13.
4. Singh D, Saxena R. Visual outcome and prognostic factors of optic neuritis: A Perspective from the east. Del J Ophthalmol. 2016; 26(4): 231-234. doi: 10.7869/djo.180
5. Pakrasi S, Gunasekaran S, Pakrasi C, Singh D, Hada M, Gogia V. Intraoperative wavefront aberrometry-New paradigm towards achieving near perfection in cataract surgery. DOS Times. 2015: 47-53.
6. Saxena R, Singh D. Re: Doctors and medical students in India should stop wearing white coats. BMJ. 2015; 351: h3855. doi: 10.1136/bmj.h3855
7. Saxena R, Singh D, Gantyala SP, Aggarwal S, Sachdeva MM, Sharma P. Burden of Ocular Motility Disorders at a Tertiary Care Institution: A Case to Enhance Secondary Level Eye Care. Indian J Community Med. 2016; 41(2): 103-107. doi: 10.4103/0970-0218.177523
8. Rani P, Elagiri RR, Kumar R, Melin K, Singh D. Detection of Retinopathy of Prematurity using multiple instance learning, Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics (ICACCI), 2015 International Conference on, Kochi. 2015; 2233-2237.
9. Singh D, Aggarwal S, Sachdeva MM, Saxena R. Effect of induced monocular blur on monocular and binocular visual functions. Indian J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015; 1(4): 197-201. doi: 10.5958/2395-1451.2015.00015.3
10. Saxena R, Gopalakrishnan K, Singh D, Mahapatra AK, Menon V. Retinal nerve fibre layer changes: A predictor of visual function recovery in pituitary adenomas. Indian J Med Specilaities. 2015; 6(4): 141-145. doi: 10.1016/j.injms.2015.07.004
11. Saxena R, Singh D, Chandra A, Sharma P. Adjustable anterior and nasal transposition of inferior oblique muscle in case of torsional diplopia in superior oblique palsy. Indian J Clin Exp Ophthalmol. 2015; 1(2): 104-106.
12. Kaur M, Saxena R, Singh D, Behari M, Sharma P, Menon V. Correlation between structural and functional changes in retina in Parkinsons Disease. J Neuroophthalmol. 2015; 35(3): 254-258. doi: 10.1097/WNO.0000000000000240
13. Saxena R, Vashisst P, Singh D, Tandon R. Preventing Childhood Blindness: Synergy Between Ophthalmology and Community Medicine. Indian J Community Med. 2015; 40(3): 149-151. doi: 10.4103/0970-0218.158841
14. Singh D, Saxena R, Sinha R, Titiyal JS. Stereoacuity Changes after Laser In Situ Keratomileusis. Optom Vis Sci. 2015; 92(2): 196-200. doi: 10.1097/OPX.0000000000000468
15. Saxena R, Singh D, Menon V. Controversies in neuro-ophthalmology: Steroid therapy for traumatic optic neuropathy. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014; 62(10): 1028-1030. doi: 10.4103/0301-4738.146021
16. Saxena R, Sharma R, Singh D, et al. Comparison of cycloplegic efficacy of cyclopentolate and atropine in refraction of pigmented eyes. Ind J Med Specialties. 2014 (Apr)
17. Agarwal T, Jhanjhi V, Singh D, Khokhar S. Two-Step Technique for Posterior Optic Buttonholing of Intraocular Lens. Optom Vis Sci. 2014; 91(4 Suppl 1): S17-S19. doi: 10.1097/OPX.0000000000000180
18. Singh D, Chandra A, Sihota R, Kumar S, Gupta V. Long Term Success of Mitomycin Augmented Trabeculectomy in Glaucoma after Vitreo-retinal Surgery with Silicon Oil Insertion: A Prospective Case Series. Retina. 2014; 34(1): 123-128. doi: 10.1097/IAE.0b013e31828fcb2e
19. Sharma R, Singh D. Neuro-ophthalmology. Experts corner. DOS Times. 2013; 19(6): 12-16.
20. Saxena R, Puranik S, Singh D, Menon V, Sharma P, Phuljhele S. Factors predicting recurrence in successfully treated cases of anisometropic amblyopia. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013; 61(11): 630-633. doi: 10.4103/0301-4738.123144
21. Saxena R, Bandyopaddhyaya G, Singh D, Menon V, Sharma P. Evaluation of changes in retinal nerve fibere layer thickness and visual functions in cases of optic neuritis and multiple sclerosis. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013; 61(10): 562-566. doi: 10.4103/0301-4738.121071
22. Saxena R, Singh D. Swollen optic Disc. Uttrakhand J Ophthalmol. 2013; 8(1): 52-55.
23. Gupta V, Srivastava RM, Sihota R, Kaur J, Kumar S, Singh D. Determinants of severity at presentation among young patients with early onset glaucoma. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2013; 61(10): 546-551. doi: 10.4103/0301-4738.121064
24. Singh D. DOS Times Quiz Unravelled. DOS Times, 2013; 10: 36-38.
25. Singh A, Sharma P, Singh D, Saxena R, Sharma A, Menon V. Evaluation of FD2 (Frisby Davis distance) stereotest in surgical management of intermittent exotropia. Br J Ophthalmol. 2013; 97(10): 1318-1321. doi: 10.1136/bjophthalmol-2012-302321
26. Singh D, Singh A, Saxena R. Management options for sixth nerve palsy. DOS Times. 2013; 18(6):36-8.
27. Singh D, Saxena R, Vashist P. Glaucoma: An Emerging Peril. Indian J Community Med. 2013; 38(3).
28. Gupta V, Chandra A, Yogi R, Sihota R, Singh D. Prevalence and causes of patient dropout after glaucoma surgery. Ophthalmic Epidemiol. 2013; 20(1): 40-44. doi: 10.3109/09286586.2012.741278
29. Sharma N, Singh D, Sobti A, et al. Course and outcome of accidental sodium hydroxide ocular injury. Am J Ophthalmol. 2012; 154(4): 740-749. doi: 10.1016/j.ajo.2012.04.018
30. Singh D, Saxena R. Advances in Ophthalmology. Exp Rev Ophthalmol. 2012; 7(4): 307-309. doi: 10.1586/eop.12.35
31. Singh D, Saxena R. Avoiding Pitfalls, Conquering Fears. Exp Rev Ophthalmol. 2012; 7(1): 13-15. doi: 10.1586/eop.11.78
32. Singh D, Mittal M, Sihota R, et al. Prevalence of CYP1b1 and Myocilin Mutations Among Juvenile Onset Primary Open Angle Glaucoma Patients of Indian Origin. Invest. Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012; 53(14): 4514. Web site. http://iovs.arvojournals.org/article.aspx?articleid=2357489. Accessed
33. Agarwal P, Singh D, Sharma N, Titiyal JS. Bilateral Peripheral Ulcerative Keratitis in a Child secondary to Helminthic Infestation of the Gastrointestinal Tract. Int Ophthalmol. 2012; 32: 463. doi: 10.1007/s10792-012-9520-x
34. Singh D, Pushker N, Bajaj MS, Saxena R, Sharma S, Ghose S. Visual function alterations in orbital tumors and factors predicting visual outcome after surgery. Eye (Lond). 2012; 26(3): 448-453. doi: 10.1038/eye.2011.308
35. Singh D, James M, Saxena R, Menon V. Visual impairment with a normal fundus. Kerala journal of ophthalmology. 2012; 14(1): 19-24.
36. Agarwal T, Singh D, Panda A. Guide needle-assisted iridodialysis repair. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011; 37(10): 1918.
37. Agarwal T, Singh D, Khokhar S, Panda A. Simple technique for sealing clear corneal wound leaks using a dynamic anterior chamber air bubble. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2011; 37(9): 1732. doi: 10.1016/j.jcrs.2011.07.005
38. Singh D, Saxena R, Sharma P, Menon V. Systematic Approach to a case of disc pallor. Delhi J Ophthalmol. 2011; 21(4): 52-56.
39. Singh D, Saxena R, Sharma P, Menon V. Understanding your direct ophthalmoscope. Delhi J Ophthalmol. 2011; 21(4): 41-45.
40. Singh D. Thesis (Submitted July 2010): Study of Visual function changes in orbital tumors and their alterations after surgery under guidance of Dr. Neelam Pushker.
41. Sidana A, Singh D, Mohan A, Guleria R. Quality of life and autonomy preferences in stable asthmatics: A developing country scenario. Respirology. 2009; 14(1): 83-89. doi: 10.1111/j.1440-1843.2008.01451.x
1. Singh D, Angmo D, Sharma A, Dada T. Optical Coherence Tomography in Current Glaucoma Practice. New Delhi, India: Jaypee Publishers; 2014.
1. Singh D, Sharma P. Neuro-ophthalmology and pupil Issues. In: Piyush Gupta, PSN Menon, Siddarth Ramji, R Lodha. PG textbook of Pediatrics.
2. Saxena R, Singh D. Optical Coherence Tomography in Neuro-ophthalmology in Anterior and Posterior Segment OCT. In: Garg A, ed. Current Technology and Future Applications. 2013: 149-153.
3. Singh D, Sharma R. Diseases of the Optic Nerve. In: Vanathi M, Chaudhuti Z, eds. Undergraduate Ophthalmology. USA: Elsevier Publication.
4. Sharma R, Singh D. Strabismus. In: Vanathi M, Chaudhuti Z, eds. Undergraduate Ophthalmology. USA: Elsevier Publication.
5. Singh D, Khosla A, Saxena R. Visual Assessment and Screening in Children in Advances in Pediatrics. Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers medical publishers; 2012: 1768-1774.
6. Singh D, Sethi HS, Sharma P. Concomitant strabismus: Diagnostic methods. In: Nema HV, ed. Diagnostic Procedures in Ophthalmology. Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers medical publishers; 2012: 332-336.
7. Dada T, Singh D, Pal N, Vajpayee RB. Ophthalmic emergencies. In: Singh M, ed. Medical Emergencies in Children. 5th ed. 2012.