Deepti Dabas, PhD
3713 West Main Street
Kalamazoo 49006, Michigan, USA
Dr. Dabas is working on research and development of natural colorants at Kalsec Inc. She completed PhD in Food Science from Pennsylvania State University. Her PhD research was on developing natural colorant from avocado seed and studying its anti-cancer, anti-inflammatory and chemical properties.
Her research interests includes: Nutraceuticals including evaluation of their bioactivity, anti-cancer compounds, natural colorants
SELECTED FELLOWSHIPS AND AWARDS
• Graduate Research Fellowship, Department of Food Science PSU (2007 – 2011 )
• Travel award for attending Institute of Food Technologists (IFT) annual meeting (2011)
• Sponsored registration for attending annual American Chemical Society (ACS) meeting (2011)
• First prize in Annual Graduate and Undergraduate Research Expo, PSU (2011)
• Robert D. and Jeane L. McCarthy Memorial Graduate Scholarship, PSU (2010)
• Junior Research Scholarship (JRF), India (1999-01)
1. Dabas D, Shegogg RM, Ziegler GR, Lambert JD. Avocado (Persea americana) seed as a source of bioactive phytochemicals. Curr Pharma. Design. 2013; 19(34): 6133-40.
2. Dabas D, Elias RJ, Lambert JD, Ziegler GR. A colored avocado seed extract as a potential natural colorant. Journal of Food Science. 2011; 76(9): C1335-C1341. doi: 10.1111/j.1750-3841.2011.02415.x.
3. Dabas D, Singh M, Singh R. Processing of barley and chick pea for making Sattu. Journal of Food Science and Technology. 2005; 42(1): 60-64.
4. Dabas D, Kean G. Red natural colors for high pH applications. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2014; 1(1): 10-16.