Chung-Che (Jeff) Chang, MD, PhD, FCAP
Department of Pathology
601 East Rollins Street Orlando, Fl 32803, USA
• MB (MD) National Yang-Ming Medical College Taipei, Taiwan(1976-1983)
• PhD Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio(1987-1990)
• Post-doctoral training including residency/fellowship Intern/House staff Internal Medicine (1983-1984) Today Hospital Taipei, Taiwan
• Resident Internal Medicine(1984-1986) Taipei Municipal Jen-Ai Hospital Taipei, Taiwan
• Resident Internal Medicine (1993-1994) Mt Sinai Medical CenterCase Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio
• Resident Pathology (1994-1998) MetroHealth Medical Center Case Western Reserve University Cleveland, Ohio
• Fellow Hematopathology (1998-1999) University of Utah Health Science Center University of Utah Salt Lake City, Utah
• Professor Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (July 2011) College of MedicineUniversity of Central Florida
• Professor Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (2008-June 2011)Weill Medical College of Cornell UniversityThe Methodist HospitalHouston, TX
• Adjunct Professor Department of Pathology (2008-Present)Baylor College of Medicine Houston, TX
• Associate Professor Pathology and Laboratory Medicine (2005-2008) Weill Medical College of Cornell University The Methodist Hospital Houston, TX
• Adjunct Associate Professor Department of Pathology (2005-2008) Baylor College of Medicine Houston, TX
• Associate Professor Department of Pathology (7/2003-9/2004) (with tenure) Baylor College of Medicine Houston, TX
• Assistant Professor Department of Pathology (7/1999-6/2003)Medical College of Wisconsin Milwaukee, WI
His research interest includes: Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
HONORS AND AWARDS
• Best Group Medical Practice Center Award”, Department of Health, Taiwan 1987patients served increased by three times and cost of visit decreased by one half
• College of American Pathologists Foundation “Concept in Molecular Biology (10/1996)Award
• College of American Pathologists Foundation “Training in Technology Award” (07/1997) (3 to 4 pathology residents nation-wide per year awarded to study advanced technology in pathology)
• Finalists for Pathology Resident Awards competition, ASCP/CAP Spring National (04/1997)Meeting (6 pathology residents nation-wide per year selected to do platform presentation at the meeting)
• College of American Pathologists Informatics Award (06/1998)
• College of American Pathologists Foundation Scholar Award (07/1998) (3 to 4 pathology fellows nation-wide per year awarded to perform independent research in pathology)
• International Myeloma Foundation Award 05/2001) (8th international myeloma workshop, Banff, Canada, 10 best posters presenters awarded)
• Spitz-ONeal Award (Given to the first/corresponding author of the 03/2004 best clinical pathology manuscript in the Department of Pathology, Baylor College of Medicine)
• Whos Who in Medicine and Healthcare (07/2004-2007)
• Whos Who in America (2005-2007)
• Dictionary of International Biography (2006)
• Moran Foundation Award (Given to the corresponding author of the 2008 best translational research manuscript in The Methodist Hospital System)
• Fellow College of American Pathologists (7/1998-Present)
• Fellow American Society for Clinical Pathologists (7/1998- Present)
• Member International Academy for Pathology (7/1995-Present)
• Member Association for Molecular Pathology (7/1999- Present)
1. Merritt K, Chang CC. Factors influencing bacterial adherence to biomaterials. J Biomater Appl 1991; 5(3):185-203.
2. Chang CC, Merritt K. Effect of S. epidermidis on the adherence of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Proteus mirabilis to poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA) and gentamicin-containing PMMA. J Ortho Res 1991; 9: 284-288.
3. Chang CC, Merritt K. Microbial adherence on poly(methyl methacrylate) (PMMA). J Biomed Mater Res 1992; 26: 197-207.
4. Chang CC, Merritt K.Infection at the site of implanted materials with and without Preadhered Bacteria. J Ortho Res 1994; 12: 526-531.
5. Chang CC, Kass L. Clinical significance of immature reticulocyte fraction determined by automated reticulocyte counting. Am J Clin Pathol 1997; 108: 69-73.
6. Chang CC, Ip M. Evaluation of a proposed panel of cardiac markers for the diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in atraumatic chest patients. Arch Pathol & Lab Med 1998; 122: 320-324.
7. Chang CC, Petrelli M, Tomashefski JF Jr, McCullough AJ. Severe intrahepatic cholestasis caused by amiodarone toxicity after discontinuation of the drug- A case report and literature review. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 1999; 123: 251-256.
8. Rodgers MS, Chang CC, Kass L.Elliptocytes and tailed poikilocytes correlate with severity of iron deficiency anemia. Am J Clin Pathol 1999; 111: 672-675.
9. Chang CC, Liu YC, Cleveland RP, Perkins SL.Expression of c-MYC and P53 correlates with clinical stage and outcome in diffuse large B-Cell lymphomas. Am J Clin Pathol 2000; 113: 512-518.
10. Chang CC, Cleveland RP.Decreased CD10+ mature granulocytes in bone marrow from patients with myelodysplastic syndrome. Arch Pathol & Lab Med 2000; 124: 1152-6.
11. Chang CC. Eshoa B, Kampalath V, Shidham Perkins S. Immunophenotypic pattern of myeloid cells in granulocytic sarcoma by immunohistochemistry. Am J Clin Pathol 2000; 114: 807-811.
12. Shidham VB, Lindholm PF, Kajdacsy-Balla A, Chang CC, Komorowski R. Methods of cytology smear preparation and fixation: Effect on the immunoreactivity of commonly used anti-cytokeratin antibody AE1/AE3. Acta Cytol. 2000; 44: 1015-1022.
13. Ahuja M, Cohen E, Dayer A, et al. Polyoma virus infection after renal transplantation. Transplantation. 2001; 71: 896-9.
14. Eshoa C, Perkins S, Kampalath B, Shidham V, Juckett M, Chang CC.Decreased CD10 expression in Grade III and diffuse areas of follicle center lymphomas. Am J Clin Pathol. 2001; 115: 862-867.
15. Shidham VB, Qi DY, Acker S, et al. Detection of melanoma micrometastases in sentinel lymph nodes: evaluation of Melanin-A and MART-1 in comparison to the traditionally used immunomarkers. Am J Surg Pathol. 2001; 25: 1039-46.
16. Chang CC, Huang J, Jen Y. Introduction to revised European-American lymphoma (REAL)/World Health Organization (WHO) classification of lymphoid malignancies. J Med Sci. 2001; 21(5): 233-8.
17. Chang CC, Somach SC. Firm erythematous papules of scalp in a woman with history of breast cancer: cutaneous Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 2001; 125: 1379-80.
18. Chang CC, Schur BC, Kampalath B, Lindholm P, Becker CG, Vesole DH. A novel multiparametric approach for analysis of cytoplasmic immunoglobulin light chains by flow cytometry. Mod Pathol. 2001; 14: 1015-21.
19. Chang CC1, Teopengco BE, Eshoa C, Chitambar CR, Kampalath B.. CD5+ T-cell/Histiocyte-Rich Large B-cell Lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2002; 15: 1051-7.
20. Chang CC, Lorek J, Sabath DEet al.MUM1 expression in CLL correlates with clinical outcome. Blood. 2002; 100: 4671-4675.
21. Abed N, Rowe J, Chang CC. Elderly patient with lymphocytosis: Large granular lymphocytic leukemia. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 2003; 127: e51-2.
22. Chang CC, Kampalath B, Schultz C, et al.Expression of p53 and c-myc correlates with survival in primary central nervous system diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in immunocompetent individuals. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 2003; 127: 208-212.
23. Shidham V, Chang CC, Shidham G, et al. Morphological features of graft versus host disease (GVHD) in colonic biopsies-statistical evaluation. BMC Gastroenterol. 2003; 3: 5.
24. Rosenblum MD, Bredeson CN, Chang CC, Rizzo JD.Subcutaneous plasmacytomas with tropism to sites of previous trauma in a multiple myeloma patient treated with an autologous bone marrow transplant. Am J Hematol. 2003; 72: 274-7.
25. Shidham V, Qi D, Acker S, et al. Improved immunohistochemical evaluation of micrometastases in sentinel lymph nodes of cutaneous melanoma with MCW melanoma cocktail. BMC Cancer. 2003; 3: 15.
26. Abed N, Rowe J, Chang CC. A young female with indurated skin plaque: Natural killer blastic lymphoma. Arch Pathol & Lab Med. 2003; 127: e267-8.
27. Rosenblum MD, Drobyski W, Taylor AK, Chang CC. Concurrent presence of both patient and donor t(14; 18) in a follicular lymphoma patient after undergoing allogeneic BMT -implications for minimal residual disease detection post-transplant. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2003; 31: 947-9.
28. Chang CC, Liu CZ, Cleveland RP.Relative importance of CD38 expression over myeloid-associated markers expression in predicting the clinical course of B-CLL patients. Leuk Lymphoma. 2003; 44: 977-822
29. Ganne V, Siddiqi N, Kamaplath B, et al. Humarized anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (Rituximab) treatment for post transplant lymphoproliferative disorder,. Clin Transplant. 2003; 17: 417-22.
30. Chang CC, Bredeson C, Juckett M, Logan B, Keever-Taylor CA.. Tumor load in patients with follicular lymphoma post stem cell transplantation may correlate with clinical course. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2003; 32: 287-91.
31. Chang CC, Rowe JJ, Hawkins P, Sadeghi EM. Mantle cell lymphoma of hard palate: A case report and review of differential diagnosis based on histomorphology and immunophenotyping pattern. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol. . 2003; 96: 316-20.
32. Chang CC, Shidham VB. Molecular pathology of pediatric soft tissue tumor: Clinical application. J Mol Diagn. 2003; 5: 143-54.
33. Chang CC, Osipov V, Wheaton S, Tripp S, Perkins SL.. Follicular hyperplasia, follicular lysis and progressive transformation of germinal centers (PTGC): a sequential spectrum of evolution. Am J Clin Pathol. 2003; 120: 322-6.
34. Shidham VB, Chang CC, Rao RN, Komorowski R, Chivukula M. Immunostaining of cytology smears: A comparative study to identify the most suitable method of smear preparation and fixation with reference to commonly used immunomarkers. Diagn Cytopathol. 2003; 29: 217-21.
35. Kampalath B, Cleveland R, Chang CC, Kass L. Monocytes with alternate phenotype in posttrauma patients. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2003; 127: 1580-1585.
36. Wong SH, Wagner MA, Jentzen JM, et al. Pharmacogenomics as an aspect of molecular autopsy for forensic pathology/toxicology: does genotyping CYP 2D6 serve as an adjunct for certifying methadone toxicity.. J Foren Sci. 2003; 48: 1406-1415.
37. Susnik B, Jordi Rowe J, Redlich PN, Chitambar C, Chang CC, Kampalath B. A unique collision tumor in breast: invasive ductal carcinoma and mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue lymphoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004; 128: 99-101.
38. Jhang JS, Chang CC, Fink DJ, Kroll MH. Evaluation of Linearity in the Clinical Laboratory. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2004; 128: 44-8.
39. Abed N, Trost B, Camitta B, Casper JT, Margolis D, Chang CC. Histogenesis of neoplastic B-lymphocytes in pediatric post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2004; 33: 321-327.
40. Kampalath B, Abed N, Chitambar CR. Mantle cell lymphoma in lymph nodes with metastatic small cell carcinoma of lung: a diagnostic and treatment dilemma. Leuk & Lymphoma. 2004; 45: 409-14.
41. Chang CC, McClintock S, Cleveland RP, Immunohistochemical expression pattern of germinal center and activation B-cell markers correlates with prognosis in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2004; 28: 464-470.
42. Rao RN, Chang CC, Uysal N, Presberg K, Shidham VB, Tomashefski JF Jr. Fulminant multisystem histiocytic proliferation with hemophagocytosis: a variant of Erdheim-Chester Disease. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005; 129: e39-e43.
43. Takara NL, Perkins SL, Qi D, et al. Histogenetic phenotypes of B-cells in post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders by immunohistochemistry correlate with transplant type: solid organ versus hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Am J Clin Pathol. 2005; 123: 104-112.
44. McGregor DK, Keever-Taylor CA, Bredeson C. The implication of follicular lymphoma patients receiving allogeneic stem cell transplantation from donors carrying t(14; 18) positive cells. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2005; 35: 1049-1054.
45. Shidham VB, Chang CC, Komorowski R. MCW melanoma cocktail for the evaluation of micrometastases in sentinel lymph nodes of cutaneous melanoma. Expert rev Mol Diagn. 2005; 5: 281-90.
46. Vejabhuti C, Harris GJ, Erickson BA, Nishino H, Chevez-Barrios P, Chang CC. BCL10 Expression in Ocular Adnexal Lymphomas. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005; 140: 836-843.
47. Shi Y, Hutchins W, Ogawa H, et al. Increased resistance to myocardial ischemia in the Brown Norway vs. Dahl S rat: role of nitric oxide synthase and Hsp90. J Mol Cell Cardiol . 2005; 38: 625-635.
48. Sheehan AM, McGregor DK, Patel A, Shidham V, Fan CY, Chang CC.Expression of Human 8-oxoguanine DNA Glycosylase (hOGG1) in Follicular Lymphoma. Mod Pathol. 2005; 18: 1512-18.
49. Nishino HT, Chang CC. Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS): clinicopathologic features, pathobiology. and molecular pathogenesis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2005; 129: 1299-310.
50. Chen HI, Akpolat I, Mody DR, Restricted kappa-to-lambda light chain ratio by flow cytometry in germinal center B-cells in Hashimoto s thyroiditis. Am J Clin Pathol. 2006; 125: 42-8
51. Vega F, Chang CC, Schwartz MR. Atypical NK-cell proliferation of the gastrointestinal tract in a patient with antigliadin antibodies but not celiac disease. Am J Surg pathol, 2006; 30: 539-44.
52. Bollard CM, Huls MH, Buza E,. Administration of latent membrane protein 2-specific cytotoxic T lymphocytes to patients with relapsed Epstein-Barr virus-positive lymphoma. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma. 2006; 6: 342-347.
53. Olsen RJ, Tang Z, Farkas DH, Bernard DW, Zu Y, Chang CC. Detection of the JAK2V617F Mutation in Myeloproliferative Disorders by Melting Curve Analysis Using the LightCycler System. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006; 130: 997-1003.
54. Ahmed A, Chang CC. Chronic idiopathic myelofibrosis (CIMF): clinicopathologic features, pathogenesis, and prognosis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006; 130: 1133-43.
55. Vilchez RA, Jauregui MP, Hsi ED, Novoa-Takara L, Chang CC. Simian virus 40 in post-transplant lymphoproliferative disorders. Human Pathol. 2006; 37: 1130-6.
56. Leen AM, Myers GD, Sili U, et al. Monoculture-derived T lymphocytes specific for multiple viruses expand and produce clinically relevant effects in immunocompromised patients. Nat Med. 2006; 12: 1160-1166.
57. Shidham VB, Komorowski R, Neuberg M, et al. Prevention of an additional surgery for regional lymphadenectomy in melanoma: rapid intraoperative immunostaining of sentinel lymph node imprint smears, Diagn Pathol. 2006; 1: 32-41
58. Kamble RT, Chang CC, Sanchez S, Carrum G. Central nervous system graft versus host disease: report of two cases and literature review. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007; 39: 49-52.
59. Cao M, Eshoa C, Schultz C, Black J, Zu Y, Chang CC. Primary CNS histiocytic sarcoma with relapse to mediastinum. Arch pathol Lab Med. 2007; 131: 301-305.
60. Dunphy CH, O Malley DP, Perkins SL, Chang CC. Analysis of immunohistochemical markers in bone marrow tissue specimens to evaluate for myelodysplastic syndromes and acute myeloid leukemias, Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2007; 15: 154-159.
61. Powers MP, Nishino H, Luo Y, Raza A, Vanguri A, Rice L, Zu Y, Chang CC. Polymorphisms in TGF-beta and TNF-alpha are associated with the myelodysplastic syndrome phenotype. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2007; 131: 1789-1793.
62. Konoplev S, Hsieh PP, Chang CC, Medeiros LJ, Lin P. Janus kinase 2 V617F mutation is detectable in spleen of patients with chronic myeloproliferative diseases suggesting a malignant nature of splenic extramedullary hematopoiesis. Hum Pathol,. 2007; 38: 1760-3.
63. Huang SC, Chang CL, Huang CH, Chang CC. Histiocytic sarcoma – A case with evenly distributed multinucleated giant cells. Pathol Res Prac. 2007; 203: 683-9.
64. Hsieh PP, Olsen RJ, O Malley DP, The role of Janus Kinase 2 V617F mutation in extramedullary hematopoiesis of spleen in neoplastic myeloid disorders. Mod Pathol. 2007; 20: 929-35.
65. Bollard CM1, Gottschalk S, Leen AM, et al. Complete Responses of Relapsed Lymphoma Following Genetic Modification of Tumor-Antigen Presenting Cells and T-lymphocyte transfer. Blood. 2007; 110: 2838-45.
66. Hsieh PP, Tung CL, Chan ABEBV viral load in tumor tissue is an important prognostic indicator for nasal NK/T- cell lymphoma. Am J Clin Pathol. 2007; 128: 579-84.
67. Olsen RJ, Chang CC, Herrick JL, Zu Y, Ehsan A.. Acute leukemia immunohistochemistry: a systematic diagnostic approach. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2008; 132: 462-475. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165(2008)132[462:ALIASD]2.0.CO;2
68. Wen J, Cheng HY, Feng Y, et al. P38 MAPK inhibition enhancing ATO-induced cytotoxicity against multiple myeloma cells. Br J Haemotol. 2008; 140: 169-80. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2141.2007.06895.x
69. Jauregui MP, Sanchez SR, Ewton AA. The Role of Beta-Catenin in Chronic Myeloproliferative Disorders. Hum Pathol, . 2008; 39: 1454-1458. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2008.02.007
70. Shahjahan M, Dunphy CH, Ewton A, et al. p38 mitogen activated protein kinase has different degrees of activation in myeloproliferative disorders and myelodysplastic syndromes Am J Clin Pathol. 2008; 130: 635-641. doi: 10.1309/2450EGK3V0XK8D9D
71. 72) R. J. Olsen, C. Dunphy MD2, D.P. O Malley, L. Rice, A. Ewton, C. Chang The implication of identifying JAK2V617F in myeloproliferative neoplasms and myelodysplastic syndromes with marrow fibrosis, J Hematopathol. 2008; 1: 111-9. doi: 10.1007/s12308-008-0014-8
72. Nagarjun Rao R, Chang CC, Tomashefski JF Jr.Lymphocyte sub-populations and non-Langerhans cell monocytoid cells in pulmonary Langerhans cell histiocytosis. Pathol Res Pract. 2008; 204: 315-322. doi: 10.1016/j.prp.2008.01.007
73. Nishino H, Ewton A, Zu Y, et al. Quantitative flow cytometry immunophenotypic data in myelodysplastic syndromes. Open Pathol J. 2008; 78-85
74. Huang WT, Yang X, Zhou X, et al. Multiple distinct clones may co-exist in different lineages in myelodysplastic syndromes. Leuk Res. 2009; 33: 847-853. doi: 10.1016/j.leukres.2008.10.008
75. Wu LY, Zhou X, Li F, Yang X, Chang CC, Wong ST. Conditional random pattern algorithm for LOH inference and segmentation. Bioinformatics. 2009; 25: 61-7. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btn561
76. Chang CC, Chen Y, Modi K, Awar O, Alfrey C, Rice L.Changes of Red Blood Cell Surface Markers in a Blood-Doping Model of Neocytolysis. J Investig Med. 2009. 57(5): p. 650-4. doi: 10.231/JIM.0b013e3181aa0978.
77. Yang X, Zhou X, Huang WT, et al. Pattern-selection based power analysis and discrimination of low- and high-grade myelodysplastic syndromes study using SNP arrays. PLoS ONE. 2009; 4: e5054. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0005054
78. Hagenkord Jm, Chang CC. The rewards and challenges of array-based karyotyping for clinical oncology applications. Leukemia. 2009; 23: 829-833.
79. Ahmed A, Powers MP, Youker KA, Rice L, Ewton A, Dunphy CH, Chang CC. Mast cell burden and reticulin fibrosis in the myeloproliferative neoplasms: a computer-assisted image analysis study. Pathology, research and practice. 2009; 205: 634-638. doi: 10.1016/j.prp.2009.04.003.
80. Raparia K, Chang CC, Chévez-Barrios P. Intraocular lymphoma: diagnostic approach and immunophenotypic findings in vitrectomy specimens. Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine. 2009; 133: 1233-1237. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165-133.8.1233.
81. Wen J, Feng Y, Huang W, et al. Enhanced antimyeloma cytotoxicity by the combination of arsenic trioxide and bortezomib is further potentiated by p38 MAPK inhibition. Leukemia research. 2009. doi: 10.1016/j.leukres.2009.05.024.
82. Curry CV, Ewton AA, Olsen RJ, et al. Prognostic impact of c-REL expression in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. J Hematop. 2009; 2: 20-26. doi: 10.1007/s12308-009-0021-4
83. Conway EJ, Wen J, Feng Y, Phenotyping studies of clonotypic B lymphocytes from patients with multiple myeloma by flow cytometry. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009; 133: 1594-1599. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165-133.10.1594.
84. Feng Y, Wen J, Chang CC. p38 Mitogen-activated protein kinase and hematologic malignancies. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2009; 133: 1850-1856. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165-133.11.1850
85. Zhang P, Zhao N, Zeng Z, et al. Using an RNA aptamer probe for flow cytometry detection of CD30-expressing lymphoma cells. Lab Invest. 2009; 89(12): 1423-1432. doi: 10.1038/labinvest.2009.113.
86. Chang CC, Zhou X, Taylor JJ, et al. Genomic profiling of plasmablastic lymphoma using array comparative genomic hybridization (aCGH) : revealing significant overlapping genomic lesions with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma, J Hematol Oncol. 2009; 2: 47. doi: 10.1186/1756-8722-2-47
87. Ito M, Zhao N, Zeng Z, Chang CC, Zu Y. Synergistic growth inhibition of anaplastic large cell lymphoma cells by combining cellular ALK gene silencing and a low dose of the kinase inhibitor U0126. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010; 17(9): 633-644. doi: 10.1038/cgt.2010.20.
88. Zhang P, Zhao N, Zeng Z, Chang CC, Zu Y. Combination of an aptamer probe to CD4 and antibodies for multicolored cell phenotyping. Am J Clin Pathol. . 2010; 134(4): 586-593. doi: 10.1309/AJCP55KQYWSGZRKC
89. Feng Y, Ofek G, Choi DS, et al. Unique biomechanical interactions between myeloma cells and bone marrow stroma cells. Prog Biophys Mol Biol. . 2010; 103: 148-56. doi: 10.1016/j.pbiomolbio.2009.10.004
90. Chuang SS, Liao YL, Liou CP,Chronic lymphocytic leukemia with paraimmunoblastic transformation – with comparative genomic hybridization and review of the literature. Pathol Res Pract. . 2010; 106: 276-81. doi: 10.1016/j.prp.2009.04.004.
91. Feng Y, Wen J, Mike P, Choi DS, Eshoa C, Shi ZZ, Zu Y, Chang CC. Bone marrow stromal cells from myeloma patients support the growth of myeloma stem cells, Stem Cell and Dev, 2010; 19: 1289-1296. doi: 10.1089/scd.2010.0010
92. Shao L, Kang SL, Li J, et al. aCGH detects chromosomal abnormalities in hematological cancers that are not detected by conventional cytogenetics, J Mol Diag. 2010; 12: 670-679. doi: 10.2353/jmoldx.2010.090192
93. Li F, Zhou X, Huang W, Chang CC, Wong STC. Conditional Random Pattern Model for Copy Number Aberration Detection, BMC Bioinformatics. 2010; 11:200. doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-11-200
94. Zeng Z, Zhang P, Zhao N, et al. Using oligonucleotide aptamer probes for immunostaining of formalin-fixed and paraffin-embedded tissues. Modern Pathology. 2010; 23(12): 1553-1558. doi: 10.1038/modpathol.2010.151
95. Peng H, Wen J, Li H, Chang C, Zhou X. Drug Inhibition Profile Prediction for NFκB Pathway in Multiple Myeloma. PLoS ONE . 6(3): e14750. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0014750
96. Bradley KT, Arber DA, Brown MS, et al. Protocol for the examination of specimens from patients with hematopoietic neoplasms of the ocular adnexa. Arch Pathol Lab Med . 2010; 134(3): 336-340. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165-134.3.336.
97. Hussong JW, Arber DA, Bradley KT, et al. Protocol for the examination of specimens from patients with non-Hodgkin lymphoma/lymphoid neoplasms. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2010; 134(6): e40-e47. doi: 10.1043/1543-2165-134.6.e40
98. Ito M, Zhao N, Zeng Z, Chang C, Zu Y. Interleukin-2 functions in anaplastic large cell lymphoma cells through augmentation of extracellular signal-regulated kinases 1/2 activation. Int J Biomed Sci. . 2011; 7: 181-190.
99. Wen J, Feng Y, Bjorklund CC, et al. Luteinizing Hormone-Releasing Hormone (LHRH)-I antagonist cetrorelix inhibits myeloma cell growth in vitro and in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2011; 10(1): 148-158. doi: 10.1158/1535-7163
100. Beck D, Ayers S, Wen J, et al. Integrative analysis of next generation sequencing for small non-coding RNAs and transcriptional regulation in Myelodysplastic Syndromes. BMC Medical Genomics. 2011, 4: 19. doi: 10.1186/1755-8794-4-19
101. Lukianova-Hleb EY, Samaniego AP, Wen J, Metelitsa LS, Chang CC, Lapotko DO.Selective Gene Transfection of Individual Cells In Vitro with Plasmonic Nanobubbles. Journal of Controlled Release. 2011; 152: 286. doi: 10.1016/j.jconrel.2011.02.006
102. Ren X, Zhou X, Chang CC. The network properties of myelodysplastic syndromes pathogenesis revealed by an integrative systems biological method. Mol. BioSyst. 2011; 7(6): 2048. doi: 10.1039/c1mb05018d
103. Xia Z, Wen J, Chang CC, Zhou X. A Method for Spliced Isoform Identification and Quantification from RNA-Seq, BMC Bioinformatics. 2011; 12: 162. doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-12-162
104. McGowan P, Nelles N, Wimmer J, Williams D, Chang C. Differentiating Between Burkitt Lymphoma and CD10 Positive Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma: The Role of Commonly Used Flow Cytometry Cell Markers and the Application of a Multi-Parameter Scoring System. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012; 137: 665-670 doi: 10.1309/AJCP3FEPX5BEEKGX
105. Peng H, Wen J, Zhang L, et al. A systematic modeling study on the pathogenic role of p38 MAPK activation in myelodysplastic syndromes. Mol Biosyst. 2012; 8: 1366-1374. doi: 10.1039/c2mb05184b.
106. Podberezin M, Wen, J, Chang C. Cancer stem cells and cancer testis antigens. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013; 137: 1111-1116.
107. Liu C, Ma J, Chang CC, Zhou X. FusionQ: a novel approach for gene fusion detection and quantification from paired-end RNA-Seq, BMC Bioinformatics. 2013; 14: 193. doi: 10.1186/1471-2105-14-193
108. Wang H, Wen J, Chang CC, Zhou X. Discovering transcription and splicing networks in myelodysplastic syndromes. PLoS ONE. 2013; 8(11): e79118. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0079118
109. Fan J, Dy JG, Chang CC, Zhou X. Zhou Identification of SNP-containing regulatory motifs in the myelodysplastic syndromes model using SNP arrays and gene expression arrays. Chin J Cancer. 2013; 32(4): 170-185. doi: 10.5732/cjc.012.10113.
110. Shih MC, Huang SH, Donohue R, Chang CC, Zu Y. Automatic B cell lymphoma detection using flow cytometry data. BMC Genomics . 2013; 5(14 Suppl 7):
111. 113) Kapur HL*, Chang CC. De novo CD3 negative hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014; 138: 969-73. doi: 10.1186/1471-2164-14-S7-S1
112. Peng H, Peng T, Wen J. Characterization of p38 MAPK isoforms for drug resistance study using systems biology approach. Bioinformatics. 2014 Jul 10; 30(13): 1899-907. doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btu133
113. Gabali AM, Jazaerly T, Chang CC, Cleveland R, Kass L. Simultaneous hepatosplenic T-cell lymphoma and myelofibrosis. Avicenna J Med. 2014; 4(2): 34-36 doi: 10.4103/2231-0770.130343
114. Peng T, Peng H, Choi DS, Su J, Chang CC, Zhou X. cell-cell interactions in regulating multiple myeloma initiating cell fate. IEEE J Biomed Health Inform. 2014 Mar; 18(2): 484-491. doi: 10.1109/JBHI.2013.2281774
115. Ajaz B, Akhtar A, Chang CC, Solh M, Tangonan K, Khaled Y.Plasma cell CD20 expression: primary aberrant expression or receptor up-regulation. Leuk Lymphoma. 2014; 55(2): 444-446. doi: 10.3109/10428194.2013.802782
116. Su J, Zhang L, Zhang W, et al. Targeting the biophysical properties of the myeloma initiating cell niches: a pharmaceutical synergism analysis using multi-scale agent-based modeling. PLoS One. 2014: 27; 9(1): e85059. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0085059
117. Wen J, Chang CC. High throughput Quantitative Reverse Transcription PCR Assays Revealing Over-Expression of Cancer Testis Antigen Genes in Multiple Myeloma Stem Cell-like Side Population Cells. Br J Hemaetol. 2014; 166: 711-9. doi: 10.1111/bjh.12951
118. Choi D, Chang CC, Zu Y. SDF-1 stiffens myeloma bone marrow mesenchymal stromal cells through the activation of RhoA-ROCK-Myosin II. Int J Cancer. 2015; 136: E219-229 .doi: 10.1002/ijc.29145