Bianca Bergamo De Araujo Paulino, PhD
Department of Pathology
São Paulo University Medical School
Av. Dr. Arnaldo, 455
01246-903, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dr. Paulino is a Post-doctorate Researcher in the Department of Pathology, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil (2014). Dr. Paulino spent one year (2011) in the Medical School, University of Sheffield, UK – Department of Infection and Immunity, sponsored by an European Respiratory Society Long Term Research Fellowship (LTRF -MC1562-2010). She completed PhD from 2004 – 2009, at Department of Pathology of the Sao Paulo University. She completed Degree in Physical Therapy from the State University of Londrina, Brazil in 2002, and Respiratory Residency from University of Franca, Brazil in 2004.
Her research interests include: Airway smooth muscle, extracellular matrix, pulmonary rehabilitation, asthma and interstitial lung diseases.
• Gold Sponsorship, European Respiratory Society – Munich/Germany, 2006
• Young Scientist, European Respiratory Society – Copenhagen/Denmark, 2005
• Bronze Sponsorship, European Respiratory Society – Vienna/Austria, 2003
1. Bingle L, Wilson K, Musa M, et al. BPIFB1 (LPLUNC1) is upregulated in cystic fibrosis lung disease. Histochem Cell Biol. 2012; 138(5): 749-758. doi: 10.1007/s00418-012-0990-8
2. Shiang C, Mauad T, Senhorini A, et al. Pulmonary perivascular inflammation in fatal asthma. Clinical and Experimental Allergy. 2009; 39: 1499-1507. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2222.2009.03281.x
3. Dolhnikoff M, Silva LFF, Araújo BB, et al. The outer wall of small airways is a major site of remodeling in fatal asthma. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology. 2009; 123: 1090-1097. doi: 10.1016/j.jaci.2009.02.032
4. Mauad T, Ferreira DS, Costa MBG, et al. Characterization of autopsy-proven fatal asthma patients in São Paulo, Brazil. Pan American Journal of Public Health. 2008; 23: 418-423.
5. Araújo BB, Dolhnikoff M, Silva LFF, et al. Extracellular matrix components and regulators in the airway smooth muscle in asthma. The European Respiratory Journal. 2008; 32: 61-69. doi: 10.1183/09031936.00147807
6. Santos ABG, Binoki D, Silva LFF, et al. Immune Cell Profile in Infants Lung Tissue. Annals of Anatomy. 2013; 13: 116- 117. doi: 10.1016/j.aanat.2013.05.003