Anupom Mondal, PhD
Invivotek, A member of Genesis Biotechnology Group™ (GBG)
Hamilton, NJ, USA
• PhD, Graduate School of Science and Engineering, Japan
• Master of Animal Breeding and Genetics, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh
• Bachelor of Science in Animal Husbandry, Bangladesh Agricultural University, Bangladesh
Her research interests include: In vivo pharmacology/mouse model diseases, Gut-brain interaction and gastrointestinal motility, Cellular & Molecular Biology, Lipid/Toxin metabolism and obesity, Cancer Epigenetics and Metastasis.
1. Mondal A, Koyama K, Mikami T, et al. Underlying mechanism of the cyclic migrating motor complex in Suncus murinus: A change in gastrointestinal pH is the key regulator. Physiol Rep. 2017; 5(1): e13105. doi: 10.14814/phy2.13105
2. Oya Y, Mondal A, Rawangkan A, et al. Down-regulation of histone deacetylase 4, -5 and -6 as a mechanism of synergistic enhancement of apoptosis in human lung cancer cells treated with the combination of a synthetic retinoid, Am80 and green tea catechin. J Nutr Biochem. 2017; 8(42): 7-16. doi: 10.1016/j.jnutbio.2016.12.015
3. Takemi S, Sakata I, Kuroda K, Miyano Y, Mondal A, Sakai T. The important role of ghrelin on gastric contraction in Suncus murinus. Endocr J. 2017; 64(Suppl.): S11-S14. doi: 10.1507/endocrj.64.S11
4. Apu AS, Mondal A, Kitazawa T, Takemi S, Sakai T, Sakata I. Molecular cloning of motilin and mechanism of motilin-induced gastrointestinal motility in Japanese quail. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016; 233: 53-62. doi: 10.1016/j.ygcen.2016.05.017
5. Mondal A, Jin J-P. Protein structure-function relationship at work: learning from myopathy mutations of the slow skeletal muscle isoform of troponin T. Front Physiol. 2016; 7: 449. doi: 10.3389/fphys.2016.00449
6. Yoshimura A, Mikami T, Kuroda K, et al. Involvement of transient receptor potential vanilloidreceptor 1, (TRPV1)-expressing vagal nerve in the inhibitory effect of gastric acidification on exogenous motilin-induced gastric phase III contractions in Suncus murinus. Dig Dis Sci. 2016; 61(6): 1501-1511. doi: 10.1007/s10620-015-4023-z
7. Mondal A, Takehara A, Aizawa S, et al. Rikkunshito induces gastric relaxation via the β-adrenergic pathway in Suncus murinus. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2015; 27(6): 875-884. doi: 10.1111/nmo.12564
8. Kuroda K, Hequing H, Mondal A, et al. Ghrelin is an essential factor for motilin-induced gastric contraction in Suncus murinus. Endocrinology. 2015; 156(12): 4437-4447. doi: 10.1210/en.2015-1561
9. Goswami C, Shimada Y, Yoshimura M, et al. Motilin stimulates gastric acid secretion in coordination with Ghrelin in Suncus murinus. PLoS One. 2015; 10(6): e0131554. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0131554
10. Takahashi A, Watanabe T, Mondal A, et al. Mechanism-based inhibition of cancer metastasis with (-)-epigallocatechin gallate. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2014; 443(1): 1-6. doi: 10.1016/j.bbrc.2013.10.094
11. Ooki A, Yamashita K, Yamaguchi K, et al. DNA damage-inducible gene, Reprimo, as acytotoxic enhancer is suppressed by promoter methylation in gastric cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2013; 11: 1362-1374. doi: 10.1158/1541-7786.MCR-13-0091
12. Mondal A, Aizawa S, Sakata I, Goswami C, Oda S, Sakai T. Mechanism of ghrelin-induced gastric contractions in Suncus murinus (house musk shrew): Involvement of intrinsic primary afferent neurons. PLoS One. 2013; 8(4): e60365. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0060365
13. Mondal A, Xie Z, Miyano Y, et al. Coordination of motilin and ghrelin regulates the migrating motor complex of gastrointestinal motility in Suncus murinus. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2012; 302: G1207-G1215. doi: 10.1152/ajpgi.00379.2011
14. Ueno S, Yoshida S, Mondal A, et al. In vitro selection of a peptide antagonist of growth hormone secretagogue receptor using cDNA display. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012; 109: 11121-11126. doi: 10.1073/pnas.1203561109
15. Suzuki A, Ishida Y, Aizawa S, et al. Molecular identification of GHS-R and GPR38 in Suncus murinus. Peptides. 2012; 36: 29-38. doi: 10.1016/j.peptides.2012.04.019
16. Mondal A, Kawamoto Y, Yanaka T, et al. Myenteric neural network activated by motilin in the stomach of Suncus murinus (house musk shrew). Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2011; 23: 1123-1131. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2982.2011.01801.x
17. Mondal A, Khandoker MAMY, Mondal MA, Rahman AHMS, Apu AS, Pervage S. In vitro production of goat embryos in Bangladesh. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science. 2008; 37(1): 1-9. doi: 10.3329/bjas.v37i1.9859
18. Mondal A, Jin J-P. Myogenic differentiation of iPSC homologous of a nemaline myopathy-causing nonsense mutation in TNNT1 Gene. Biophysical J. 2018; 114(3):628a.
1. Mondal A, Ye H, Sharma P, Kumaraswamy D, Sampath H. Bisphenol A potentiates the deleterious metabolic effects of saturated fats. Paper presented at: GRC molecular and cellular biology of lipids; 2019; Waterville Valley, NH, USA.
2. Mondal A, Feng HZ, Liu R, Wang H, Jin JP. Molecular basis of a newly identified recessive TNNT1 myopathy. Paper presented at: 61st Annual Meeting of the Biophysical Society; 2017; New Orleans, Louisiana, USA.
3. Mondal A, Koyama K, Mikami T, Sakata I, Sakai T. Changes of duodenal pH are important for the occurrence of strong gastric contraction by the release of motilin in the Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: 2nd Federation of Neurogastroenterology & Motility FNM 2016 Joint International Meeting; 2016; San Francisco, CA, USA.
4. Mondal A, Koyama K, Mikami T, Sakata I, Sakai T. Alternation of duodenal pH by 5HT4 receptor governs motilin release and induction of gastric phase III-like contractions in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: The 58th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society of Smooth Muscle Research; 2016; Sendai, JAPAN.
5. Apu AS, Chacrabati R, Mondal A, et al. Motilin-induced contraction occurs via direct action on the smooth muscles of the quail gastrointestinal tract. Paper presented at: The 40th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society for Comparative Endocrinology; 2015; Hiroshima, Japan.
6. Mondal A, Takehara A, Aizawa S, et al. Regulatory mechanism of Rikkunshito-induced gastric relaxation in the Suncus murinus: involvement of the β-adrenergic pathway. Paper presented at: Japan Digestive Disease Week (JDDW); 2015; Sakura, Tokyo, Japan.
7. Sakai T, Mondal A, Kuroda K, et al. Ghrelin is important for the motilin-induced gastric contraction via the GABAergic pathway in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: Japan Digestive Disease Week (JDDW); 2015; Sakura, Tokyo, Japan.
8. Goswami C, Shimada Y, Yoshimura M, et al. Motilin stimulates gastric acid and pepsinogen secretion in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: Japan Digestive Disease Week (JDDW). 2015; Sakura, Tokyo, Japan.
9. Mondal A, Kuroda K, Hequing H, et al. The interplay between motilin and ghrelin to induce gastric contraction through the GABAergic pathway in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: The 57th Annual Meeting of the Japan Society of Smooth Muscle Research; 2015; Yamaguchi, JAPAN.
10. Mondal A, Takehara A, Aizawa S, et al. Tu1444 Mechanism of Rikkunshito-Induced Gastric Relaxation in Suncus Murinus Through the β-Adrenergic Pathway. Paper presented at: Digestive Disease Week (DDW); 2015; Washington, DC, USA.
11. Mikami T, Mondal A, Kuroda K, Ito K, Sakai T, Sakata I. Simultaneous measurement of gastric and duodenal motility in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: The 1st Federation of Neurogastroenterology and Motility Meeting (FNM); 2014; Guangzhou, China, September 5-7, 2014.
12. Ito K, Mondal A, Mikami T, Kuroda K, Sakata I, Sakai T. Motilin and ghrelin regulate postprandial giant contractions in Suncus murinus. Paper presented at: The 1st Federation of Neurogastroenterology and Motility Meeting (FNM); 2014; Guangzhou, China.
13. Mondal A, Oya Y, Watanabe T, et al. The molecular mechanism of the apoptosis pathway induced by the combinatory treatment with EGCG and Am80 in the human cancer cell line. Poster presentation (Abs). Paper presented at: The 73rd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Cancer Association; 2014; Yokohama, Japan.
14. Watanabe T, Mondal A, Yamaguchi K, Takahashi A, Fujiki H, Suganuma M. Epithelial-mesenchymal transition of gastric cancer cells induced by TNF- inducing protein (Tip) of H. pylori. Poster presentation (Abs). Paper presented at: The 72nd Annual Meeting of the Japanese Cancer Association; 2013; Yokohama, Japan.