Anna Giulia Falchi, MD
IRCCS, St. Matteo Hospital
Viale Camillo Golgi, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Dr. Falchi is a Research Fellow at the St. Matteo General Hospital in Pavia, Italy. She trained as a medical doctor at the University of Pavia and at the School for advanced studies IUSS of Pavia. After the specialization in Internal Medicine, her research focused on metabolism and on the metabolic interactions of the cardiovascular diseases. She is studying the effects of the Mediterranean diet on obese patients at the first episode of Acute Myocardial Infarction. Among her interests lipidology, ultrasound techniques applied to clinical care and Cardiology, the association of epicardial fat with cardiovascular risk factors, new cognitive behavioural approaches to the obesity treatment, and the determination of serological biomarkers related to cardiovascular risk in obese and overweight patients.
Her research interests include: lipidology, ultrasound techniques, applied to clinical care and Cardiology, the association of epicardial fat with cardiovascular risk factors, new cognitive behavioural approaches to the obesity treatment, and the determination of serological biomarkers related to cardiovascular risk in obese and overweight patients.
GRANTS AND AWARDS
• From 2000 to 2006 : Six- years grant for outstanding undergraduate students awarded by IUSS (Institute for Advanced Studies)- Pavia, Italy
• From July 2013 to present : Research grant. IRCCS St. Matteo Hospital, Pavia, Italy
1. Falchi AG, Grecchi I, Muggia C, Tinelli C. Weight loss and P wave dispersion: a preliminary study. Obes Res ClinPract. 2014; S1871-403X(14): 00528-00526. doi: 10.1016/j.orcp.2014.08.005
2. Falchi AG, Muggia C, Tinelli C. Effects of therapeutic weight loss and metabolic improvement on P wave dispersion in overweight and obese patients. Obes Facts. 2014; 7(1): 1-188, 31.
3. Michelini I, Falchi AG, Muggia C, et al. Early dropout predictive factors in obesity treatment. Nutrition, Research and Practice. 2014; 8(1): 94-103. doi: 10.4162/nrp.2014.8.1.94
4. Muggia C, Falchi AG, Michelini I, et al. Brief Group Cognitive Behavioral Treatment in Addition to Prescriptive Diet Versus Standard Care In Obese And Overweight Patients. A Randomized Controlled Trial. e-SPEN Journal. 2013.
5. Sacchi A, Falchi AG, Ferrari G, et al. Exertion alrh abdomyolysis: a case report. Internal and Emergency Medicine. 2011; 6(2): 191-392