Anna Deltsidou, RN, RM, MSc, M.P.H, PhD
University of West Attica
Anna Deltsidou, RN, RM, MSc, MPH, PhD is working at the Midwifery School of Athens, where she is Professor of Women’s Health within the School of Health Sciences at the University of West Attica. With love and passion for the promotion of women’s health and the evidence-based Midwifery Practice, Anna has significant experience in implementing educational and research initiatives within women’s health.
Her research interests include: Postpartum stress, anxiety and depression, BSE performance from health care professionals, public health and primary health care, health promotion, stress, anxiety, depression and coping strategies in subfertile women undergoing fertility treatment, Quality of life of women with breast cancer, attitudes of health care professionals concerning the safety in labour units, diabetes mellitus, gestational diabetes
2004-2006:Member of the main research team of the Project co-funded by the European Union – European Social Fund and National Resources – EPEAEK-II. Title: Depression and coping strategies of subfertile women undergoing fertility treatment.
2012-2015: Co-ordinator of the project conducted in the context of NSRF 2007-2010, European Social Funds: operational programme, education and lifelong learning, Ministry of Education and Lifelong Learning and Religious Affairs. Title: Non invasive measurement of the haemodynamic parameters and of the advanced end glycation products (AGEs) level in students smokers and in students who intake caffeine
2018-19:Member of the main research team of the Project ‘’Operational Refugee And Migrant Maternal Approach- ORAMMA’’funded by the European Unionin the context of 3rd Health Programme
Other scientific activity: Editorial Board member of 10 scientific journals
Authorship:Translation and editing (into Greek), in collaboration with Katerina Lykeridou, of the book entitled: MaternityNursing of DeitraLowdermilkand Shannon Perry, 8th ed., Mosby (2011)
Translation and editing (into Greek), in collaboration with Christina Nanou, of the book entitled: Handbook of Women’s Health Nursing, Edited bySunanda Gupta, Debra Holloway and Ali Kubba, OxfordUniversityPress (2010)
Translation and editing (into Greek), in collaboration with Katerina Lykeridou, of the book entitled:ThepartographandHowtoassessLabour (Edited by AnnaNolte), JUTA (2008)
1. Mallidou A., Deltsidou A., Nanou Ch., Katostaras Th.: Gynecologists’ and Pediatricians’ opinion for nursing profession. Nosileftiki, (3) :265-272 (1998) (in Greek).
2. Deltsidou A.: Alcohol abuse during pregnancy and its effect on the embryo. Nosileftiki, (1): 84-88 (2000)(in Greek).
3. Deltsidou A., Mallidou A., Nanou Ch., Katostaras Th.: Nurses and doctors: Colleagues? Aspects of Obstetricians and Pediatricians. Nosileftiki, (4): 325-331 (2000) (in Greek).
4. Deltsidou A., Lykeridou K., Plessas S.: Congenital anomalies and aetiology. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 14(3): 111-115 (2000).
5. Deltsidou A., Lykeridou K., Plessas S. Placental transfer of drugs. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes 18 (3):173-180 (2000) (in Greek).
6. Deltsidou A., Lykeridou K., Plessas S.: Licit substance abuse during pregnancy and its effects on the fοetus. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 15 (1): 21-32 (2001).
7. Deltsidou A.: Drug Adverse Effects on the Fetus Exposed During Pregnancy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 15 (2): 69-84 (2001).
8. Deltsidou A.: Cocaine Abuse in Pregnancy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 15 (3S): 225-232 (2001).
9. Deltsidou A.: Opioids and Methadone Exposure during Pregnancy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 16 (3): 207-212 (2002).
10. Lykeridou K. and Deltsidou A.: Epidural Analgesia During Normal Labor. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 16 (3): 183-198 (2002).
11. Deltsidou A.: Marihuana use during pregnancy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 17 (3): 153-158 (2003).
12. Deltsidou A., Bartsocas C., Lemonidou C., Matziou V.: Adolescence and diabetes mellitus type 1. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 22(3):123-133 (2004) (in Greek).
13. Vritsios J. and Deltsidou A.: Amphetamines and LSD use during pregnancy. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 19 (2): 99-104 (2005).
14. Noula M., Mastrogiannis D., Mantzorou M., Chouridou Ch. and Deltsidou A.: Vaccination Coverage of Nursing Staff against Hepatitis B and Information Source about Hepatitis Prevention: a Study in a Regional Teaching Hospital. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 21: 271-277 (2007).
15. Deltsidou A., Lykeridou K.: Emotional Distress and Infertility: A Review of Coping Strategies. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 21: 285-291 (2007).
16. Gessouli-Voltiraki E., Koutrouba P., Vompiris A., Deltsidou A.: HBV Immunization Status of Health Care Personnel: A Study in two Greek Regional Hospitals. Review of Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacokinetics, 21: 197-202 (2007).
17. Noula M., Raftopoulos V., Gesouli E., Tsaprounis T., Deltsidou A.: Greek nursing students’ immunization coverage: Data from central continental Greece. Nursing & Health Sciences, Volume 10 Issue 3, Pages 169 – 174. (2008)
18. Lykeridou K., Gourounti K., Loutradis D., Deltsidou A.,Vaslamatzis G.: The impact of infertility diagnosis on psychological status of women undergoing fertility treatment. Journal of Reproductive and Infant Psychology, 27 (3): 223-237 (2009)
19. Deltsidou A.: Undergraduate Nursing Students’ Level of Assertiveness in Greece: A Questionnaire Survey. Nurse Education in Practice, 9: 322–330 (2009)
20. Deltsidou A.: Epidemiology and risk factors of breast cancer. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 26: 187-191 (2008) (in Greek)
21. Deltsidou A.: Breast Self-Examination and Behavioral Models. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 26: 193-201 (2008) (in Greek)
22. Deltsidou A.: Menstrual patterns in adolescents with eating disorders. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 27:155-162 (2009) (in Greek)
23. Deltsidou A.: Genetic Counselling for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 27 (3):283- 291 (2009) (in Greek)
24. Deltsidou Anna , Gesouli- Voltyraki Eftihia, Mastrogiannis Dimos, Noula Maria: Undergraduate nursing students’ computer skills assessment: a study in Greece. Health Science Journal, 4 (3): 182-188 (2010)
25. Gesouli- Voltyraki Eftihia, Deltsidou Anna, Stamelaki Dimitra, Karkageli Vasiliki, Noula Maria: Womens’ attitudes towards breastfeeding in a province of Greece. Health Science Journal, 3: 88-94 (2009)
26. Deltsidou Anna: Age at menarche and menstrual irregularities of adolescents with type 1 diabetes, Journal of Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology, (2010), 23: 162-167
27. Deltsidou Anna, Gesouli- Voltyraki Eftihia, Mastrogiannis Dimos, Mantzorou Marianna, Noula Maria: Nurse teachers’ and student nurses’ attitudes towards caring older people in a province of Greece, Health Science Journal, (2010) 4 (4): 245-257
28. Almousa Sania, Deltsidou Anna, Nassis Georgios, Vasilaki Maria, Kapreli Eleni: The effect of the application of elastic stocking and elastic bandage on the hemodynamic parameters, Issues in Physiotherapy, 5 (6): 21-40 (2009) (in Greek)
29. Deltsidou A, Chryssoula Lemonidou, Vasilios Zarikas, Vassiliki Matziou, Christos S. Bartsocas: Oligomenorrhoea in adolescents with type 1 diabetes mellitus: relationship to glycaemic control, European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology, 153: 62-66 (2010), doi:10.1016/j.ejogrb.2010.07.027
30. Lavdaniti Maria, Deltsidou Anna, Kourkouta Lambrini, Avramika Maria, Despina Sapountzi-Krepia. Pilot study of Nursing students Knowledge concerning the Breast Self- Examination in Northern Greece, Nosileftiki, 49 (4): 418-425 (2010).
31. Katerina Lykeridou, Kleanthi Gourounti, Antigoni Sarantaki, Dimitrios Loutradis, Grigorios Vaslamatzis, Anna Deltsidou. Occupational social class, coping responses, and infertility- related stress of women undergoing infertility treatment. Journal of Clinical Nursing, 20, 1971–1980 (2011)
32. Anastasiadis A, Koumousidis A, Varras M, Vrachnis N, Paltoglou G, Tzoumas N, Top L, Dimopoulos S, Deltsidou A, Salakos N. The awareness on sexual and reproductive health issues in urban and rural areas of Greece: a retrospective study on 200 adults 18-45 years old. OA Women’s Health 2013 Apr 01;1(1):2
33. Dimos Mastrogiannis, Marsela Sotiri, Anna Deltsidou, Maria-Apostolia Poulaka, Maria Noula, Eftyhia Gesouli-Voltyraki, Georgia Fouka, Sotiris Plakas, Marianna Mantzorou . Exploring educationalists’ views on the need for school nurses in secondary schools in Greece British Journal of School Nursing 07/2013; 8(6):303-307
34. Michalis Loupis, Georgios Fourlas, Petros Lampsas, Theodoros Tsiftsis, Konstantinos Anagnostou, Nikos Strimpako, Yiannis Raftoyiannis, Anastasia Pantera, Anna Deltsidou. Archimedes Interdisciplinary Research Programme Forges a Broad Spectrum of Academic Innovations, Coference Paper, ENTRENOVA 10-11, September 2015, Kotor, Montenegro
35. Deltsidou Anna, Kapreli Eleni, Mastrogiannis Dimos, Bourdas Dimitrios, Zarikas Vasilios, Papageorgiou Elpiniki, Noula Maria, Gesouli-Voltyraki Eftihia, Lampadiari Maria, Lykeridou Aikaterini. Non Invasive Measurement of the Haemodynamic Parameters and of the Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs) Levels (NONINVASHEMO), ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT02544165
36. Deltsidou Anna. Characteristics of men who choose to study midwifery and their experiences from the midwifwrey practice: a pilot study. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 35 (1): 21- 29 (2017)
37. Deltsidou Anna, Nanou Christina. Women’s attitude investigation about reproductive health rights in relation with their educational and socioeconomic status. Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes, 35 (2): 47-54 (2017)
38. Lambadiari Maria, Lykeridou Aikaterini, Ilias Ioannis, Deltsidou Anna. General health condition of young women with breast cancer depending on surgical and adjuvant treatment. Accepted for publication by the journal ‘’International Journal of Caring Sciences’’
39. Anna Deltsidou, Elli Pappa, Antigoni Sarantaki, Bouroutzoglou Maria, Thomai Kallia, Christina Nanou. Postpartum Stress in Relation with Depression and Anxiety in a Sample of Greek Postpartum Women. Accepted for publication by the journal ‘’International Journal of Caring Sciences’’
40. Anna Deltsidou, Donika Pretsi. Determinant factors of the midwives’ professional quality of life. «Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes», 35: 111-122 (2017)
41. Anna Deltsidou, Christina Nanou. High school students’ sexual behaviour in relation with their sex and attending school. «Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes», 35: 131-142 (2017)
42. Anna Deltsidou, Vasilios Zarikas, Dimos Mastrogiannis, Eleni Kapreli, Dimitrios Bourdas, Vasilios Raftopoulos, Maria Noula, Maria Lambadiari, Katerina Lykeridou. Reliability Analysis of a Clinical Research Trial Using Finometer and AGE Reader Devices. International Journal of Reliability and Safety, 11(2): 78-96, DOI:10.1504/IJRS.2017.10009468
43. Anna Deltsidou, Dimos Mastrogiannis, Marianna Mantzorou. Nurses’ stress investigation and its association with sociodemographic characteristics. «Epitheorese Klinikes Farmakologias kai Farmakokinetikes», 35: 95-102 (2017)