Angela Janet Wu, MD
Department of Pathology
University of Michigan Hospitals
Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
Dr. Wu is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology at University of Michigan Hospitals. She has completed AP/CP training and fellowships in both surgical pathology and genitourinary pathology at University of Michigan.
Her research interests include: Renal cell carcinoma, including unusual variants of renal cell carcinoma, and frozen section practices in breast pathology.
LICENSURE AND BOARDS
• (7/2009-Present) American Board of Pathology Certification, Anatomic and Clinical Pathology
• (2007-Present) Michigan State Licensure
1. Wu AJ, Park I I, Zhuang L, Lee C. Response to a lethal dose of heat shock by a transient up-regulation of clusterin expression followed by down-regulation and apoptosis in prostate and bladder cancer cells. Prostate. 2002; 53(4): 277-285. doi: 10.1002/pros.10158
2. Przybycin CG, Kunju LP, Wu AJ, Shah RB. Partial Atrophy in Prostate Needle Biopsies: A Detailed Characterization of Morphology, Immunophenotype, and Cellular Kinetics. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008; 32(1): 58-64.
3. Wu AJ, Rodgers T, Fullen DR. Drug-Associated Histiocytoid Sweets Syndrome: A True Neutrophilic Maturation Arrest Variant. J Cutan Pathol. 2008; 35(2): 220-224.
4. Friedman J, Dunn RL, Wood D, et al. Neoadjuvant docetaxel and capecitabine in patients with high risk prostate cancer. J Urol. 2008; 179 (3): 911-916. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2007.10.064
5. Wu AJ, Jarzembowski J, Morag Y, Lucas DR. Wagner-Meissner neurilemmoma of the right cheek. Ann Diagn Pathol. 2008; 12(3): 204-207. doi: 10.1016/j.anndiagpath.2006.09.001
6. Wu, A, Cheng L, Kunju LP, Shah R. Renal cell carcinoma in children and young adults: analysis of clinicopathological, immunohistochemical, and molecular subtypes with an emphasis on the spectrum of Xp11.2 translocation associated and unusual clear cell subtypes. Histopathology. 2008; 53(5): 533-544. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2559.2008.03151.x
7. Wu A, Shah R. Translocation Carcinoma. eMedicine. www.emedicine.com
8. Sabel MS, Jorns JM, Wu A, Myers J, Newman LA, Breslin TM. Development of an intraoperative pathology consultation service at a free-standing ambulatory surgical center: clinical and economic impact for patients undergoing breast cancer surgery. Am J Surg. 2012; 204(1): 66-77. doi: 10.1016/j.amjsurg.2011.07.016.
9. Jorns JM, Visscher D, Sabel M, et al. Intraoperative frozen section analysis of margins in breast conserving surgery significantly decreases reoperative rates: one-year experience at an ambulatory surgical center. Am J Clin Pathol. 2012; 138(5): 657-669. doi: 10.1309/AJCP4IEMXCJ1GDTS
10. Maturen KE, Vikram R, Wu AJ, Francis IR. Renal vein leiomyosarcoma: imaging and clinical features of a renal cell carcinoma mimic. Abdom Imaging. 2013; 38(2): 379-387.
11. Halverson SJ, Kunju LP, Bhalla R, et al. Accuracy of determining small renal mass management with risk stratified biopsies: confirmation by final pathology. J Urol. 2013; 189(2): 441-446. doi: 10.1016/j.juro.2012.09.032
12. Wu A, Kunju LP. Prostate cancer with aberrant diffuse p63 expression: report of a case and review of the literature and morphologic mimics. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2013; 137 (9): 1179-1184. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2013-0254-CR
13. Warrick JI, Tsodikov A, Kunju LP, et al. Papillary renal cell carcinoma revisited: a comprehensive histomorphologic study with outcome correlations. Hum Pathol. 2014; 45(6): 1139-1146. doi: 10.1016/j.humpath.2014.02.004
14. Shilkrut M, Wu A, Thomas D, Hamstra D. Expression of ribonucleoside reductase subunit M1, but not excision report cross complementation group 1, is predictive in muscle-invasive bladder cancer treated with chemotherapy and radiation. Mol Clin Oncol. 2014; 2(3): 479-487. doi: 10.3892/mco.2014.264
15. Jorns J, Daignault S, Sabel M, Wu A. Is intraoperative frozen section analysis of reexcision specimens of value in preventing reoperation in breast conserving surgery? Am J Clin Pathol. 2014; 142(5): 601-608. doi: 10.1309/AJCPRSOA2G8RLEXY
16. Wu A. Pseudocarcinomatous hyperplasia of the urinary bladder: report of a case and review of the literature and morphologic mimics. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2014; 138(10): 1268-1271.
17. Wu AJ, Mehra R, Hafez K, Wolf JS Jr, Kunju LP. Metastases to the kidney: a clinicopathological study of 43 cases with an emphasis on deceptive features. Histopathology. 2015; 66(4): 587-597. doi: 10.1111/his.12524
18. Magers M, Kunju LP, Wu A. Intraductal carcinoma of the prostate: morphologic features, differential diagnoses, significance, and reporting practices. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2015; 139(10): 1234-1241. doi: 10.5858/arpa.2015-0206-RA
19. Magers M, Wu A, Mehra R. Clinicopathologic characteristics of anterior prostate cancer (APC), including correlation with previous biopsy pathology. Med Oncol. 2015; 32(11): 249. doi: 10.1007/s12032-015-0693-9.