Abhijeet Danve, MD, FACP, FACR
Department of Rheumatology
University of Nebraska
Omaha, NE, USA
Dr. Danve is a faculty in the division of rheumatology at Yale school of medicine. He has particular interest in psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and systemic vasculitis. Dr. Danve has been actively involved in the clinical research and scholarly activities. He has presented his original research studies at various national and international meetings of ACR, CCR, GRAPPA and SPARTAN. He has several publications in peer reviewed journals. His publications span clinical as well as translational aspects of spondyloarthritis.He is recipient of the Marshall J Schiff Fellowship Award by American College of Rheumatology (2013), Fellowship of American College of Physicians (FACP) (2014) and Distinguished fellow award by American College of Rheumatology (2015). Dr. Danve is an active member of SPARTAN (Spondyloarthritis Research and Treatment Network), GRAPPA (Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis), FOCIS (Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies), American College of Physicians and American College of Rheumatology. He enjoys teaching medical students, residents and fellows.
His research interests include: Spondyloarthritis, Psoriatic Arthritis and Vasculitis.
AWARDS AND HONORS
• (2015), Awarded Distinguished Fellow Award by American College of Rheumatology
• (2015), Awarded Fellowship of American College of Physicians (FACP) for contribution to medical education and research
• (2015), Travel grant award for Annual Clinical Congress of Rheumatology Conference, Destin, Florida
• (2014), Award for the best oral presentation at North American Young Rheumatology Investigator Forum and Clinical Congress of Rheumatology Conference, Destin, Florida
• (2013), Marshall J. Schiff Memorial Fellow Research Award, Rheumatology Research Foundation, presented at the American College of Rheumatology annual meeting (given to 2 fellows in USA each year)
• (2013), Winner and Gold Medalist, American College of Rheumatology Knowledge Bowl Competition (held at annual conference of American College of Rheumatology at San Diego)
• (2014), Travel grant for Annual international meeting of GRAPPA (Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis)/SPARTAN (Spondyloarthritis Research & Treatment Network), New York
• (2014), Travel grant award for Annual Clinical Congress of Rheumatology Conference, Destin, Florida
• (2013), Travel grant award for Annual conference of American College of Rheumatology 2014 Boston
• (2013), Travel Grant Award, Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA), Toronto CA
• (2012), Third Prize, Poster presentation, American Geriatric Society annual meeting
• (2012), Assistant Chief Medical Resident, Internal Medicine Residency Program at Metropolitan Hospital, New York
• (2003), 38th rank (among approximately 10,000 medical graduates, top 1%) in All India Postgraduate Medical Entrance Test
• (2003), 38th rank (among approximately 3,000 medical graduates, top 1%) in State Postgraduate Medical Entrance test (PGMCET)
• (2003), 1st place in Indian Naval Hospital Services nationwide Postgraduate Medical Entrance Test
• (2003), Rank 81 in PGI (Postgraduate Institute Of India, Chandigarh) nationwide postgraduate entrance examination
• (1996), 13th rank in Maharashtra State Board High School examination
• Member of American College of Rheumatology (ACR)
• Member of American College of Rheumatology (ACP)
• Member of Spondyloarthritis Research and Treatment Network (SPARTAN)
• Member of Group for Research and Assessment of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis (GRAPPA)
• Member of Federation of Clinical Immunology Societies (FOCIS)
• Member of American Medical Association (AMA)
• Member of Medical Council of India (MCI)
1. Danve A, ODell J. The ongoing quest for Biomarkers in Ankylosing Spondylitis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2015. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.12779
2. Danve A, ODell J. The role of 18f fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography scanning in the diagnosis and management of systemic vasculitis. Int J Rheum Dis. 2015; 18(7): 714-724.. doi: 10.1111/1756-185X.12713
3. Ku J, Danve A, Pang H, Hoang T, Ralston A, Choi D, Rosenbaum J. Determinants of patient satisfaction in an academic rheumatology practice. J Clin Rheumatol. 2015. 21(5): 256-262. doi: 10.1097/RHU.0000000000000263
4. Danve A Kulkarni S. Do TNF inhibitors improve the glycemic control in patients with Rheumatoid Arthritis and concomitant Diabetes mellitus? Am J Ther. 2015.
5. Danve A, Deodhar A. Screening and referral for axial spondyloarthritis-need of the hour. Clin Rheumatol. 2015; 34(6): 987-993. doi: 10.1007/s10067-015-2958-2
6. Danve A, Deodhar A. Role of IL17 inhibition in the treatment of axial spondyloarthritis- Review. Curr Treat Options in Rheum. 2015; 1: 221-230.
7. Danve A, Reddy A, Vakil-Gilani K, Garg N, Dinno A, Deodhar A. Routine assessment of patient index data 3 scores (rapid3) correlate well with bath ankylosing spondylitis disease activity index (BASDAI) in the assessment of disease activity and monitoring progression of axial spondyloarthritis. Clinical Rheumatol. 2015; 34(1): 117-124. doi: 10.1007/s10067-014-2827-4
8. Danve A, Perry L, Deodhar A. Successful use of belimumab in pregnancy in patient with systemic lupus erythematosus. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2014; 44(2): 195.
9. Danve A, Deodhar A. Amyloid beta-related angiitis- a case report and comprehensive review of literature of 94 cases. Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2014; 44(1): 86-92. doi: 10.1016/j.semarthrit.2014.02.001
10. Danve A. Is the title appropriate? J Rheumatol. 2015; 42(9): 1726.
11. Danve A, Girija B, Kulkarni S. Hemichorea Presenting as first sign of diabetes mellitus – a case report and review of literature. J Community Hosp Intern Med Perspect. 2015; 5(4): 27825.
12. Bangale S, Danve A. Pustular psoriasis of pregnancy successfully treated with cyclosporine. Am J Ther. 2015.
13. Danve A, Sehra S, Jaykumar D, Kulkarni S. Tumor necrosis factor inhibitors may improve glycemic control in patients rheumatoid arthritis and concomitant diabetes mellitus. Osteol Rheumatol Open J. 2016; 1(1): 17-19. https://openventio.org/Volume1-Issue1/Tumor-Necrosis-Factor-Inhibitors-May-Improve-Glycemic-Control-in-Patients-Rheumatoid-Arthritis-and-Concomitant-Type-2-Diabetes-Mellitus-ORHOJ-1-106.pdf