Chung-Ming Chen, PhD
Professor and Director
College of Medicine
Institute of Biomedical Engineering
National Taiwan University
Dr. Chen received his PhD degree in Electrical Engineering from Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA. He subsequently joined the Center for Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, where he served as a Research Assistant Professor. He is currently a Professor and the Director of the Institute of Biomedical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan. He is also a PI of the Molecular Imaging Center, National Taiwan University, where he leads the Infra-red Core Laboratory aiming to develop new IR imaging technologies for various medical applications. He had served as the conference chair, a program committee member, or an organizing committee member for several international conferences. He is currently an Associate Editor of the Journal Biomedical Engineering-Applications, Basis and Communications. He has published 87 journal papers and 122 conference papers. He is a member of the IEEE.
His research interests include: Medical image analysis, Computer-aided detection, Diagnosis and therapy, IR medical imaging, Bioinformatics and Medical electronics.
• 2015 Program Committee Member, BIOIMAGING 2015, Jan. 12-15, 2015, Lisbon, Portugal.
1. Lee CC, Chen CM, Lee DH, et al. Prediction of Long-term Post-operative Testosterone Replacement Requirement Based on the Pre-operative Tumor Volume and Testosterone Level in Pituitary Macroadenoma.
2015; 5: 16194. doi: 10.1038/srep16194
2. Wu CH, Hwang TJ, Chen YJ, et al. Primary and secondary alterations of white matter connectivity in schizophrenia: A study on first-episode and chronic patients using whole-brain tractography-based analysis. Schizophrenia Research. 2015; 169: 54-61. doi: 10.1016/j.schres.2015.09.023.
3. Hung PK, Tsai J, Chen CM, Tsai RY. Quantitative Evaluation of Female Pattern Hair Loss in Chinese Women: A Preliminary Study. Dermatol Surg. 2015; 41: 1171-1174. doi: 10.1097/DSS.0000000000000491
4. Tsou CH, Lu YC, Yuan A, Chang YC, Chen CM. A Heuristic Framework for Image Filtering and Segmentation: Application to Blood Vessel Immunohistochemistry. Analytical Cellular Pathology. 2015; 2015: 589158. doi: 10.1155/2015/589158
5. Tsou CH, Lor KL, Chang YC and Chen CM. Anatomy packing with hierarchical segments: An algorithm for segmentation of pulmonary nodules in CT images. BioMedical Engineering On Line. 2015; 14: 42. doi: 10.1186/s12938-015-0043-3
6. Chang YH, Yang YL, Chen CMand Chen HY. Apoptosis pathway signature for prediction of treatment response and clinical outcome in childhood high risk B-Precursor acute lymphoblastic leukemia. American Journal of Cancer Research. 2015; 5(5): 1844-1853.
7. Chang YH, Chen CM, Chen HY, Yang PC. Pathway-based gene signatures predicting clinical outcome of lung adenocarcinoma. Scientific Reports. 2015; 5: 10979. doi: 10.1038/srep10979
8. Hsieh HC, Chen CM, Hsieh WY, Chen CY, Liu CC, Lin FH. ROS-induced toxicity: exposure of 3T3, RAW264.7, and MCF7 cells to superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles results in cell death by mitochondria-dependent apoptosis. Journal of Nanoparticle Research. 2015; 17: 71. doi: 10.1007/s11051-015-2886-8
9. Wu CH, Hwang TJ, Chen YJ, et al. Altered integrity of the right arcuate fasciculus as a trait marker of schizophrenia: A sibling study using tractography-based analysis of the whole brain. Human Brain Mapping. 2015; 36(3): 1065-1076. doi: 10.1002/hbm.22686
10. Hung PK, Chu TWT, Tsai RY, Kung CW, Lin SJ, Chen CM. Quantitative assessment of female pattern hair loss. Dermatologica Sinica. 2015; 33(3): 142-145. doi: 10.1016/j.dsi.2015.01.002
11. Chen ST, Wang TD, Lee WJ, et al. Coronary Arteries Segmentation based on the 3D Discrete Wavelet Transform and 3D Neutrosophic Transform. BioMed Research International. 2015; 798303. doi: 10.1155/2015/798303
12. Wu CH, Hwang TJ, Chen PJ, et al. Reduced structural integrity and functional lateralization of the dorsal language pathway correlate with hallucinations in schizophrenia: a combined diffusion spectrum imaging and functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Psychiatry Research: Neuroimaging. 2014; 224(3): 303-310. doi: 10.1016/j.pscychresns.2014.08.010
13. Lee CY, Wang HJ, Chen CM, Chuang CC, Chang YC, Chou NS. A Modified Harris Corner Detection for Breast IR Image. Mathematical Problems in Engineering. 2014; 2014: 902659. doi: 10.1155/2014/902659
14. Chen ST, Hung PK, Lin MS, et al. DWT-Based Segmentation Method for Coronary Arteries topical collection on systems-level quality improvement. Journal of Medical Systems. 2014; 38(6): 55.
15. Sun CW, Chuang CC, Lee CY, Chen CM. Diffuser-aided time-domain diffuse optical imaging: a phantom study. Journal of Biomedical Optics. 2014; 19(4): 046008. doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.19.4.046008
16. Chuang CC, Chen CM, Hsieh YS, Liu TC, Sun CW. Brain structure and spatial sensitivity profile assessing by near-infrared spectroscopy modeling based on 3D MRI data. Journal of Biophotonics. 2013; 6(3): 267-274. doi: 10.1002/jbio.201200025
17. Kirisli HA, Schaap M, Metz CT, et al. Standardized evaluation framework for evaluating coronary artery stenosis detection, stenosis quantification and lumen segmentation algorithms in computed tomography angiography. Medical Image Analysis. 2013; 17: 859-876. doi: 10.1016/j.media.2013.05.007
18. Shih SR, Chang YC, Li HH, et al. Preoperative Prediction of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Prognosis with the Assistance of Computerized Morphometry of Cytology Samples Obtained by Fine Needle Aspiration: Preliminary Report. Head Neck-J Sci Spec Head Neck. 2013; 35(1): 28-34. doi: 10.1002/hed.22909
19. Shih SR, Chang JS, Lin LC, et al. The Relationship between Thyrotropin Receptor Antibody Levels and Intrathyroid Vascularity in Patients with Graves Disease. Experimental and Clinical Endocrinology & Diabetes. 2013; 121(1): 1-5. doi: 10.1055/s-0031-1297992
20. Huang CC, Chen JC, Chang YC, Jeng JH, Chen CM. A fractal dimensional approach to successful evaluation of apical healing. International Endodontic Journal. 2013; 46: 523-529. doi: 10.1111/iej.12020
21. Cheng JZ, Chen CM, Cole E, Pisano ED, Shen DG. Automated Delineation of Calcified Vessels in Mammography by Tracking with Uncertainty and Graphical Linking Techniques. IEEE Trans on Medical Imaging. 2012; 30(11): 2143-2155. doi: 10.1109/TMI.2012.2215880
22. Hung K, Wang J, Chen C, Chuang C, Tsai K, Chen CM. Enhancement of Initial Equivalency for Protein Structure Alignment Based on Encoded Local Structures. IEEE Trans on Inf Technol Biomed. 2012; 16(6): 1185-1192. doi: 10.1109/TITB.2012.2204892
23. Chuang CC, Lee CY, Chen CM, Hsieh YS, Liu TC, Sun CW. Diffuser-Aided Diffuse Optical Imaging for Breast Tumor: A Feasibility Study Based on Time-Resolved Three-Dimensional Monte Carlo Modeling. IEEE Trans On Biomedical Engineering. 2012; 59(5): 1454-1461. doi: 10.1109/TBME.2012.2187900
24. Chuang CC, Lee YT, Chen CM, Hsieh YS, Liu TC, Sun CW. Patient-oriented simulation based on Monte Carlo algorithm by using MRI data. BioMedical Engineering OnLine. 2012; 11(21): 1-15. doi: 10.1186/1475-925X-11-21
25. Wang JC, Chu PY, Chen CM, Lin JH. idTarget: a Web Server for Identifying Protein Targets of Small Chemical Molecules with Robust Scoring Functions and a Divide-and-Conquer Docking Approach. Nucleic Acids Research. 2012; 40(Web Server issue): W393-W399. doi: 10.1093/nar/gks496
26. Yeh FC, Cheng JZ, Chou YH, et al. Stochastic Region Competition Algorithm for Doppler Sonography Segmentation. Medical Physics. 2012; 39(5): 2867-2876. doi: 10.1118/1.4705350.
27. Chuang CC, Tsai JC, Chen CM, Yu ZH, Sun CW. Convergence Rate Calculation of Simultaneous Iterative Reconstruction Technique Algorithm for Diffuse Optical Tomography Image Reconstruction: A feasibility study. Optics Communications. 2012; 285(8): 2236-2241. doi: 10.1016/j.optcom.2011.12.042
28. Chang YC, Yu CJ, Chen CM, et al. Dynamic Contrast-Enhanced MRI in Advanced Nonsmall-Cell Lung Cancer Patients Treated with First-Line Bevacizumab, Gemcitabine, and Cisplatin. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging. 2012; 36(2): 587. doi: 10.1002/jmri.23660
29. Chuang CC, Wang PN, Chen WT, et al. Near-Infrared Brain Volumetric Imaging Method: A Monte Carlo Study. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (JSTQE). 2012; 18(3): 1122-1129. doi: 10.1109/JSTQE.2011.2163927
30. Lee CY, Chuang CC, Hsieh HY, et al. Evaluation of Dual-Spectrum IR Spectrogram System on Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Breast Cancer. Biomedical Engineering: Applications, Basis and Communications. 2011; 23(6): 427-433. doi: 10.4015/S1016237211002785
31. Shih SR, Lin MS, Li HY, et al. Observing Pretibial Myxedema in Patients with Graves Disease using Digital Infrared Thermal Imaging and High-resolution Ultrasonography-for Better Records, Early Detection, and Further Investigation. European Journal of Endocrinology. 2011; 164: 605-611. doi: 10.1530/EJE-10-1095
32. Wang JC, Lin JH, Chen CM, Perryman AL, Olson AJ. Robust Scoring Functions for Protein-Ligand Interactions with Quantum Chemical Charge Models. Journal of Chemical Information and Modeling. 2011; 51: 2528-2537. doi: 10.1021/ci200220v