Lorenzo Dioscoridi, MD
Department of Surgery and Translational Medicine
Careggi Hospital of Florence
Dr. Dioscoridi was born on October 25, 1986 in Florence, Italy. After humanistic studies, he did successfully the Medical School in Florence. He worked and studied at Karlova University of Prague and at Karoliska University. He performed a working stage at Saint Luke’s Hospital in New York and at Niguarda-Ca Granda Hospital in Milan. He is now working at Careggi Hospital of Florence in the Department of Surgery and Translational Medicine.
His research interests include: Laser surgery in liver and pancreas, Interventional digestive endoscopy and Pancreatic surgery.
• Member of AIGO (Association of Italian Gastroenterolgists)
• Member of IALMS (International Association of Laser Medicine and Surgery)
• Member of AIMS (Advanced International Mini-invasive Surgery) Academy
1. Dioscoridi L, Maltinti G, Bechi P. Atypical presentation of a large b-cell lymphoma: cholestatic jaundice associated with peritoneal carcinomatosis. Chirurgia (edizioni minerva medica). 2012.
2. Bisogni D, Dioscoridi I, Bechi P. Chemohyperthermia intraperitoneal (HIPEC) in a patient with ovarian cancer with peritoneal carcinomatosis: the importance of ultrasound liver intraoperative. Surgery (Medical editions minerva). 2013.
3. Dioscoridi L, Duranti E, Freschi G. The case report of a pelvic mass: giant appendiceal mucocele. Chirurgia (edizioni minerva medica). 2013.
4. Dioscoridi L, Adduci F, Taddei A. inguinal hernia repair: accidental finding of liposarcoma. Chirurgia (edizioni minerva medica). 2013.
5. Dioscoridi L, Perri G, Freschi G. Chylous mesenteric cysts: a rare surgical challenge. Journal of surgical case reports. 2014.
6. Bechi P, Dioscoridi L. Reconstructive strategy after pancreaticoduodenectomy in partially gastrectomized patients. Journal of pancreas. 2015.
7. Dioscoridi L, Bisogni D, Freschi G. Hepatocellular carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells: report of the seventh case in the literature. Case reports in surgery. 2015.
8. Mutignani M, Dioscoridi L, Manta R, et al. Chimera fully covered self-expandable metal stent for refractory esophageal anastomotic leak. Endoscopy. 2015.
9. Dioscoridi L, Bisogni D, Manta R.Rare cases of obstructive jaundice. Jaundice: risk factors, diagnosis and management (nova publishers). 2015.
10. Massimiliano M, Lorenzo D, Edoardo F, Francesco P, Raffaele M. Euspancreaticogastrostomy in a patient with subtotal gastrectomy and rouxen-y reconstruction. Pancreas Open J. 2015; 1(1): 4-6. doi: 10.17140/POJ-1-102
11. Dioscoridi L, Sordi S, Breschi L, Fortuna D, Paparozzi C, Bechi P. Evaluation of the best power setting of laser waves in pancreatic surgery: ECHO ND-YAG laser ablation on bovine pancreatic tissue. Pancreas Open J. 2015; 1(1): 9-13. doi: 10.17140/POJ-1-104
12. Dioscoridi L. Genetic therapy for pancreatic cancer: Is it the future? Pancreas Open J. 2016; 1(3): e14-e15. http://openventio.org/Volume1-Issue3/Genetic-Therapy-for-Pancreatic-Cancer-Is-it-the-Future-POJ-1-e005.pdf