Otolaryngology - Open Journal
Arianna Di Stadio, MD, PhD
Assistant Professor,Padua University
Department of Otolaryngology Research
Research Institute of Venice, Italy
• (11/2003-01/2007) PhD, Advanced Audiology Technologies, La Sapienza University Rome, Italy
• (1992-1999) MD, Medicine, La Sapienza University Rome, Italy
• (03/2015-Present) Senior Research Fellow, Otology and Laryngology, Harvard Medical School Boston, MA
• (09/2012-06/2014) Clinical Fellow Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Bordeaux Segalen
• (09/2009-06/2011) Clinical Fellow, Microsurgery, Paris 13 University
• (05/2008-05/2009) Clinical Fellow European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
• (10/1999-11/2003) Resident (summa cum laude) Otolaryngology La Sapienza University Rome, Italy
FACULTY ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
• (2006-2007) Director of the Audiology & Speech Language Therapy Program, Audiometric Techniques Graduate School La Sapienza University Rome, Italy
• (2003-2007) Adjunt professor, Image Elaboration and Laboratory I, School of Information Sciences University of Bologna Cesena campus, Italy
Mohsen Naraghi, MD
Rhinology and Facial Plastic Surgery
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Dr. Naraghi is the President of the Rhinology Research Society and Clinical Board Faculty of Tehran University with academic postgraduate teaching experience in rhinology and facial plastic surgery since 1994.
He is Double Board Certified in both Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
He ranked first among all the national graduates of medicine, awarded first in the National Comprehensive Medical Examinations, graded first in the National Board Examinations in Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, and also became the fellow of the European Board of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He continued his training in facial plastic surgery and rhinology fellowship, and received the International Board for Certification in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
The national award for the best research in surgery was presented to Dr. Naraghi in 2004. He was the winner of the International Award of the American Rhinologic Society in 2005. Dr. Mohsen Naraghi was also granted the International Award for Excellence in Medical Sciences in Category Innovation in Clinical Medicine in 2011 by Academic Foundation in Medical Sciences.
Dr. Naraghi is the fellow of American Rhinology Society and member of American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery. More than three hundred articles and chapters in rhinology and facial plastic surgery including eighty international papers were published by Dr. Naraghi. He has instructed in more than sixty courses, hands-on and live surgery workshops on endoscopic surgery, rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery throughout the world including rhinoplasty courses in the American Academy of Facial Plastic Reconstructive Surgery Meetings.
Dr. Naraghi has published seventeen books in the fields of rhinology and facial plastic surgery, including two-volume comprehensive rhinology textbook. He was also bestowed the title of The Best Academic Book of the Year in 2007, entitled Facial Plastic Surgery.
Sydney Correia Leão, MD
Medical Pathology Assistant
Department of Pathology
Federal University of São Paulo
Rua Sena Madureira, 1500 - Vila Clementino
São Paulo - SP 04021-001, Brazil
Dr. Leao is currently Medical Pathology Assistant at Federal University of São Paulo, Brazil (UNIFESP). He is also specializated in Family Health from the University of Health Sciences of Porto Alegre / RS and in Pathology from Federal University of São Paulo. His degree in Medicine (MD) was at the Federal University of Sergipe. He is currently reviewer of the journals Cardiology in the Young (Cambridge University Press) and Journal of the Brazilian Medical Association (Revista da Associação Médica Brasileira, in portuguese). He has also 43 studies published in various medical journals, and presented at regional, national and international medical conferences.
Massimo Ralli, MD, PhD
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Sciences
Sapienza University of Rome
• Dr. Ralli is an otolaryngologist working with a research position at the Sapienza University of Rome. Holds a PhD in Neuroscience from the Catholic University of Sacred Heart, Rome.
• Postgraduate specialization on hearing implantable devices at the Sapienza University in 2015, Adjunct Assistant Professor in the Center for Hearing and Deafness, State University of New York, University at Buffalo, Buffalo NY, USA (between 2008 and 2014). Dr. Ralli is currently a reviewer for the following international ENT journals: Annals of Clinical Otolaryngology, Journal of Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders and Acta Otorhinolaringologica Italica.
Ziya Salturk, MD
Okmeydanı Training and Research Hospital
Dr. Salturk has Graduated from Marmara University School of Medicine in 2004 and completed Otorhinolaryngology education in Okmeydanı Training and Research Hospital in 2011. ENT Clinic, Istanbul, Turkey.
Se-Hyung Kim, MD, PhD
Division of Neurotology
Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ORL-HNS)
Jeju National University Hospital
Jeju National University School of Medicine
Jeju, Republic of Korea
• (Mar. 1996-Feb. 1998) Premedical course, College of Natural Science, Jeju National University
• (Mar. 1998-Feb. 2002) Medical course, School of Medicine, Jeju National University
• (Mar. 2003-Feb. 2005) Graduate School of Medicine, Dankook University (Master of Medical Science)
• (Mar. 2005-Aug. 2012) Graduate School of Medicine, Dankook University (Doctor of Philosophy in Medical Science)
HOSPITAL AND ACADEMIC APPOINTMENTS
• (Mar. 2002-Feb. 2003) Intern, Dankook University Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
• (Mar. 2003-Feb. 2007) Resident, Department of ORL-HNS Dankook University Hospital, Cheonan, Korea
• (May 2010-Feb. 2011) Clinical Otology Fellowship Department of ORL-HNS, Sungkyunkwan University School of medicine Samsung Medical Center, Seoul, Korea
• (Oct. 2010-Feb. 2011) Editorial Board of Clinical and Experimental Otorhinolaryngology(Official Journal of the Korean Society of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery)(SCIE)
• (Mar. 2011-Aug. 2012) Clinical Professor, Department of ORL-HNS, Jeju National University Hospital,Jeju National University School of Medicine, Jeju, Korea
• (Sep. 2012-Present) Assistant Professor, Department of ORL-HNS, Jeju National University Hospital, Jeju National University School of Medicine, Jeju,Korea
• (Apr. 2012. 4-Present) Consulting Doctor of Korea Workers Compensation & Welfare Service
• (Jul. 2014-Present) Editorial Board of the Korean Journal of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (JKORL)
• (Jul. 2014-Present) Expert member of the Instituitonal Review Board (IRB) of Jeju National University Hospital
• (Jun. 2015-Present) Editorial Board of Journal of Clinical Otolaryngology (Official Journal of the Busan,Ulsan, Gyeoungnam Branch of The Korean Society of Otolaryngology)
Wen-Hung Wang, MD, PhD, LLM, FACS
Attending Surgeon of Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Cathay General Hospital
Fu-Jen Catholic University School of Medicine
• (1989.9-1996.7) MD, Medical School, China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
• (2004.9-2010.5) PhD, Graduate Institute of Clinical Medical Sciences, Chang Gung University, Tao-Yuan, Taiwan
• (2012.9-2014.11) LL.M, Graduate Institute of Law at National Chung Cheng University, 168, University Rd., Min-Hsiung Chia-Yi, Taiwan
Robert I. Henkin, MD, PhD
The Taste and Smell Clinic
Center for Molecular Nutrition and Sensory Disorders
5125 MacArthur Blvd., NW #20
Washington, DC 20016, USA
Dr. Henkin is Director of The Center for Molecular Nutrition and Sensory Disorders and head of The Taste and Smell Clinic in Washington, DC. He oversees the premier program in the United States dealing with cognitive aspects of human taste and smell function. The program has both clinical and research aspects. He is also associated with the National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD and the George Washington University Medical Center, Washington, DC, USA.
Vural Fidan, MD
Department of ENT
Yunus Emre Government Hospital
Dr. Fidan has received his MD and PhD in Hacettepe University. He is Deputy Director of ENT Department. He is an Otorhinolaryngologist at Yunus Emre Goverment Hospital. He worked as a Visiting Scientist at Yale University ENT and Allegry Departments. He has more than 20 SCI indexed articles. Research interests are pulmonary hypertension, allergy, otology, rhinology and sleep medicine.
Francesco Martines, MD, PhD
ENT Specialist, Audiology Research
Department of BioNec
University of Palermo
90100 Palermo, Italy
Dr. Martines received his Medical Doctor Degree in 27 July 1999-University of Palermo- voting of 110/110 cum laude. Otorhinolaryngology specialization degree in 03 November 2003-University of Palermo- voting of 50/50. PhD degree in Physiopathology of labyrinth diseases (XVIII Ciclo)-University of Palermo- in 17/03/2007. Audiology researcher in University of Palermo BioNeC Department from 12/2008. Dr. Martines is an Assistant professor from Academic year 2003/2004 to our days in Audiology in Infermieristica and in Speech therapy degree of the University of Palermo. Assistant professor in 2004/2005 in Anatomy and physiology of the speech and auditory organs Speech therapy degree of the Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences and Sport Blanquerna-University Ramon Llull di Barcellona. Assistant professor in 2004/05 in Otorhinolaryngology of the Medicine degree-Autonomy University of Barcellona (Spain). From 01/06/2004 to 30/06/2005 he attended the Department of Otorhinolaryngology of the University Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol-Badalona, Barcellona (Spain) directed by Prof. Enriquè Perellò Scherdel, taking part to: ward activity, surgery activity and identification of subjects qualified to receive a cochlear implant. From 01/09/2004 to 15/12/2005 he attended the Morphological Sciences-Department of Anatomy and Embryology Unit-Autonomy University of Barcellona (Spain) taking part to dissections classes of head and neck. From 18 December 2008 he is Researcher of Audiology in the University of Palermo.
Michele Cassano, MD
Department of Otorhinolaryngology
University of Foggia
• (1995-2001) MD, Medicine (summa cum laude) University of Bari, Italy
• (2002-2005) Resident (summa cum laude) of Otolaryngology-University of Bari, Italy
• (2002) Master in Rhinology-University of Bari, Italy
• (2013) Master for expertise in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Syndrome-Bertinoro, Italy
• (October 2003-October 2004) Fellow of Felippu Institute of Otorhynolaringology-São Paolo, Brazil
• (15-17 December 2005) Professor in XVIII Master of nasal cytology-Cioccaro di Penango (AS), Italy
• (6-15 February 2006) Stage of Sleep Respiratory Disturbances in Morgagni-Pietrantoni Hospital of Forlì, Italy
• (16 August al 16 September 2006) Stage of Facial Plastic Surgery-Hospital das Clinicas-University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
• (3-18 June 2010) Stage of Ear Surgery in Garzia Ibanez Institute-Barcellona, Spain
• (2004-2015) Professor in Annual Course of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery-Garzia Ibanez Institute-Barcellona, Spain
• His surgical field goes from Endoscopic sinus surgery to skull base surgery, Sleep apnea surgery, and middle ear surgery with more than 3000 surgeries as first operator
UNIVERSITY TEACHING ACTIVITY
• (2006-Present) Professor of Otolaryngology in School of Medicine, logopedics and Nursing-University of Foggia, Italy
• (2006-Present) Professor of Otolaryngology in Residence School of Otolaryngology-University of Bari, Italy
• (2006-2011) Professor of Otolaryngology in Residence School of Otolaryngology-University of Foggia, Italy
Monica O. Patadia, MD
Director of Allergy
Department of Otolaryngology
Rhinology, Allergy and Facial Plastic Surgeon
Loyola University Medical Center
2160 S 1st Ave
Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Dr. Patadia is a graduate of Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illonois. She remained at Northwestern for her intership in general surgery and residency in otolaryngology-head and neck surgery. After residency, she completed an additional one year fellowship in advanced rhinology, allergy and facial plastic surgery at the Midwest Sinus Center/Rush University, Chicago, Illinois.
Dr. Patadia is a recipient of an American Rhinologic Society CORE Grant for her work with Mechanisms of B Cell Recruitment in Chronic Rhinosinusitis with Nasal Polyps.
Her clinical interests include nasal obstruction due to chronic rhinosinusitis especially nasal polyposis and allergic fungal rhinosinusitis, allergic rhinitis and functional obstruction including nasal valve collapse.
She is certified by the American Board of Otolaryngology and is a member of the American Acadamy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, American Rhinologic Society, American Academy of Otolaryngic Allergy and the Chicago Laryngologic and Otologic Society.
Motohiko Suzuki, MD, PhD
Department of Otorhinolaryngology
Nagoya City University
Graduate school of medical sciences
• (2008-Present) Associate Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
• (2005-2008) Post-doctoral fellow, Department of Surgery, Pathology, and Microbiology & Immunology, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
• (2000- 2005) Assistant Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Nagoya City University, Nagoya, Japan
• (1998-2000) Doctor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Toyokawa Municipal Hospital, Toyokawa, Japan
• (1996- 1998) Doctor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Kainan Hospital, Aichi, Japan
Raúl González-García, MD, PhD, FEBOMFS
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University Hospital Infanta Cristina
Facultativo Especialista de Área, Servicio de Cirugía Oral y Maxilofacial
Hospital Universitario Infanta Cristina, Badajoz, España
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• Graduate in Medicine (Medical Degree, MD) by the Autonoma University of Madrid (Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) School of Medicine, Madrid, Spain (1995-2001)
• Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery via MIR (Médico Interno Residente) system, University Hospital La Princesa, Madrid, Spain (June 2002- June 2007)
• Award Fin de Residencia of the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery [Sociedad Española of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM)] to the best resident in completing the speciality of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in Spain (2007)
• Degree of Specialist in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by the Spanish National Health System and the Ministry of Education and Science of the Kingdom of Spain (June 2007)
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor in Medicine and Surgery by the Autonoma University of Madrid (UAM), Madrid, Spain (May 2011)
• Obtaining Temporary Labor Statutory Job (Estatutario Laboral Interino) as Consultant Surgeon in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Sistema Extremeño de Salud (SES), at the University Hospital Infanta Cristina, Badajoz, Spain (full time since June 2007 to November 2013)
• Obtaining Permanent Labor Statutory Job (Estatutario Laboral Fijo) as Consultant Surgeon in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the Sistema Extremeño de Salud (SES), at the University Hospital Infanta Cristina, Badajoz, Spain (full time since November 2013 to present)
• Postgrade Degree (Master) in Clinic Management in Specialized Attention (Gestión Clínica en Atención Especializada) by the Instituto Europeo de Salud y Bienestar Social Accredited with 600 hours, 60 credits by the Comisión de Formación Continuada of the Sistema Nacional de Salud
• International Member of the American Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons (ASTMJS) (by examination) (since March 2009 to present)
• Active Member of the European Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons (ESTMJS) (2014)
• Fellow of the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (FEBOMFS) (by examination) (since September 2010)
• Numerary Member of the Spanish Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery [Sociedad Española of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (SECOM)] (since June 2007 to present)
• Numerary Member of the European Society of Temporomandibular Joint Surgeons (ESTMJS) (by examination) (since May 2014 to present)
• Honorary Professor of the University of Badajoz School of Medicine, Spain (since 2007 to present)
• Accredited by the Agencia Nacional de Evaluación y Acreditación of the Calidad (ANECA) as Doctor Hired Professor (Profesor Contratado Doctor), Doctor Colaborator Professor (Profesor Colaborador Doctor), and Professor of Private University (Profesor de Universidad Privada) (since April 2014 to present)
• Author of 127 publications (80 as first author) in scientific journals of the speciality: 90 (61 as first author) in international indexed in Medline (PubMed) journals, and 37 in national journals (data to October 2014)
• Author of 133 presentations (48 as first author) to scientific congresses: 52 in national congresses, 81 in international congresses
• Associate Editor of Revista Española of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (RECOM) (since 2011 to present)
• Editor-in-Chief of Plastic and Aesthetic Research (Plast Aesth Res) (since 2015 to 2017)
• Contributing Editor of the journal Current Research in Dentistry (Since September 2014 to present)
• Permanent Member of the National Editorial Board of Revista Española of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (RECOM) (since 2008 to present)
• Permanent Member of the Reviewer Commitee of International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (IJOMS) in the section of TMJ Surgery
• Member of the Editorial Reviewer Board of: SM Journal of Case Reports (2015-Present), Journal of Molecular Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine (2015-Actualidad), Case Studies in Surgery (2015-Present), SM Radiology Journal (2015-Present)
• Reviewer of the scientific journals: Revista Española of Surgery Oral y Maxillofacial, International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Head and Neck, The Laryngoscope, Journal of Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery, International Journal of Dentistry, Journal of Cancer Research and Therapeutics, Indian Journal of Cancer, Indian Journal of Dentistry, Journal of Global Infectious Diseases, Oman Medical Journal, BCM Musculoskeletal Disorders, International Journal of Oral Science, Diagnostic Pathology, European Journal of Oral Implantology, BCM Medical Imaging, Saudi Medical Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences, Diagnosthic Pathology, Acta Odontologica Turcica, Annals of Otolaryngology and Rhinology, BMC Oral Health, SM Journal of Case Reports, Journal of Molecular Nanotechnology and Nanomedicine, Case Studies in Surgery, SM Radiology Journal
• Author of 15 chapters books of the speciality (data to May 2015)
• Editor/Author of the book: Reconstrucción Maxilomandibular Compleja: Microcirugía, Distracción Ósea e Implantes dentales Editorial Médica Panamericana SA, Madrid, 2012 ISBN: 978-84-9835-608-3
Krishnamurthi Sundaram, MD, FACS
Department of Otolaryngology
SUNY Downstate Medical Center
Brooklyn, NY 11203, USA
Dr. Sundaram is a Graduate of the Otolaryngology Residency Program of State University of New York-Health Science Center at Brooklyn and is Clinical Professor of Otolaryngology. After completion of medical school he did a two year fellowship in surgical oncology at the Cancer Institute, Chennai, India. Prior to starting his Otolaryngology residency he completed a straight surgical internship at Church Hospital Corp.[Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University] in Baltimore, MD, and 3 years of residency in General Surgery at The Methodist Hospital of Brooklyn. After residency he was a junior attending/fellow/residency coordinator in the department of Otolaryngology at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. Subsequently he served as Chief, Division of Otolaryngology at the Methodist Hospital and Chief of Otolaryngology at the Brooklyn Hospital Center. After 1992, he has been actively involved with the residency program at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. From 2007 to 2013, he served as Chief of Head and Neck and Skull Base surgery in the department at Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn. Dr. Sundaram was Vice-Chairman of the Department of Otolaryngology at UHB-LICH and SUNY Downstate Medical Center from Jan. 2007 to June 2015.
Dr. Sundarams clinical practice is based at University Hospital of Brooklyn and the NY Methodist Hospital where he was appointed as the residency site director from July 2013 to July 2015.
Sho Kanzaki, MD, PhD
Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery
School of Medicine
35 Shinanomachi Shinjuku, Tokyo160-8582, Japan
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• (1994) Graduated Keio University medical school
• (1994) Department of Otolaryngology (MD)
• (1999) Special Otolaryngologist in Japan
• (1998-2002) Graduated student of Department of Otolaryngology in Keio University medical school (PhD)
• (1999-2001) Research Fellow in Kresge Hearing Research Institute of Michigan University (Yeoash Raphael laboratory)
• (2005-Present) Faculty member in Department of Keio University School of Medicine
• (2012-Present) Assistant professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery Keio University
Ying Wang, PhD
Associate Chief Physician
Department of in Otolaryngology
The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University
Zhengzhou, Henan, China
• (Sep.1993 - June1998) Bachelor of Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
• (Sep.2000 - June2003) Master of Medicine, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China Advisor: Minmin Dong
• (Sep.2003 – June 2006) Ph.D, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China Advisor: Minmin Dong. Dissertation: The Stem Cells Differentiating into Hair Cell-like Cells in Vitro
• (July 1998-Present) Associate chief Physician in Otolaryngology,The First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, China
• (Sep 201-Sep 2014) Visiting scholar in the otolaryngology ＆ head and neck surgery clinic of Vanderbilt University, Nashville, UA
Daniela Polo Camargo da Silva, MD
Associate Clinical Professor
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
University Of California San Diego
9500 Gilman Dr, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Dr. Silva Graduated in Speech Therapyfromthe Universityof São Paulo (2002), specialization in Audiology (2006), master (2011) and doctor (2015) degree fromSão Paulo State University. Currently shr work at Botucatu Medical School in the Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology Head Neck Surgery Department.
Li Ruiyu, MD
Department of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine
Second Affiliated Hospital of Xingtai Medical College
Gangtie N Rd, Qiaoxi, Xingtai, Hebei, China
Dr. Ruiyu, professor of Department of Integrated Chinese and Western Medicine, Second Affiliated Hospital of Xingtai Medical College, director of the physician, Chairman of Department of Institute of Integration of Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine, The director of the prevention and treatment of diabetes mellitus of Chinese medicine deafness in hebei province key laboratory.
Engaged in traditional Chinese medicine, integrative medicine clinical, research and teaching 30 years, is the first batch of Xingtai City, the old Chinese medicine academic experience inherited instructor, outstanding experts in Xingtai City, Hebei Province in medical technology consulting and evaluation experts, Modern Chinese and Western Medicine Medicine , Chinese modern Otorhinolaryngology, Medical Journal , and many other magazine editorial. Chinese Journal of Otology, International Medicine reviewers, Hebei Province in Integrative Medicine Osteoporosis Society of Professional Committee of the Standing Committee of Hebei Province in Integrative Medicine Society. Federation of Chinese Medicine Societies director of the Professional Committee of diabetes in the world.
Presided over the provincial and municipal number of research projects, including clinical studies of diabetes with deafness in Integrative Medicine, anti-hypoglycemic deaf party clinical studies of diabetes hearing loss intervention and treatment of maxillary sinus cyst pharmaceutical composition eligible Patent Peoples Republic of China intellectual Property Office, in SCI, EI, ISTP, international academic conferences and core journals in the first or corresponding author published more than 130 papers presented and kidney method kidney - bone - Diabetes - ear on one scientific hypothesis, which has repeatedly been cited domestic and foreign academic point of view.
Experience and expertise: prevention and treatment of diabetes in Integrative Medicine to promote a bone kidney Tongzhi, overall adjustment, partial improvement to kidney therapy-based, good long disease and card binding point therapy; for appendicitis (appendicitis) years of experience as a toxic cloud stasis received satisfactory clinical efficacy, many patients from surgery. The main clinical conduct Chinese medicine, integrative medicine treatment of diabetes and complications of diabetes, coronary heart disease, kidney disease, dizziness, chronic pharyngitis, allergic rhinitis, chronic colitis and other gynecological difficult diseases treatment.
Maoli Duan, MD, PhD
Department of Clinical Science
Intervention and Technology
Karolinska University Hospital
171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
Dr. Duan is an Associate Professor at Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. He is also professor/guest professor in another 5 Universities in China. He is clinical expert at Otolaryngology Head & Neck, Neurotology and Audiology. His research in basic focuses on stem cell/gene therapy, noise and drug-induced hearing loss and their protection/treatment. He has published more than 70 articles in international journal such as Nature Medicine, PNAS etc. And also published around 30 articles in Chinese and Swedish His research results have been put in cover pages of PNAS, Swedish doctor journal and Nobel Symposium, and text book of Cummings Otolaryngology Head & Neck (fourth edition). He has more than 30 students who finished degrees and on-going students include master, PhD and post-doc. He has world-wide collaboration such as Harvard University, Paris University, and National University of Singapore etc. He is sitting on editorial board such as Scientific Report (nature sister´s journal), Acta Otolaryngologica and as reviewer for more 20 international journals. He is active in scientific evaluation committee includes Sweden, UK, France and China.
Ottavio Piccin, MD, PhD
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery
S. Orsola-Malpighi University Hospital
Via Pietro Albertoni, 15, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Dr. Piccin is Consultant of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery at S.Orsola-Malpighi University Hospital of Bologna (Italy). He earned his Medical Degree from Bologna University and after completing his residency in Otolaryngology in Bologna, he earned a Masters degree in Reconstructive surgery with microsurgical free flaps in cranio-facial Oncology, Developed at University of Bologna and La Sapienza University, Rome. In 2004 he was appointed Consultant of Otolaryngology at S. Orsola-Malpighi University Hospital of Bologna.From 2005 he acts as Academic supervision and tutoring to medical students and residents.In 2014 he has obtained the qualification for Associate Professor in Otolaryngology. From 2015 he was appointed as Clinical Professor in the post-graduate school of Otolaryngology at University of Bologna.
Lidong Zhao, MD
Department of Otolaryngology
Institute of Otolaryngology, Chinese PLA General
Hospital, Beijing, China and
Visiting Research Fellow
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton U. School of Medicine
2500 California Plaza, Omaha, NE 68102, USA
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCES
• (1990-1995) Studied in Tianjin Medical University, Department of Clinical Medicine, Bachelors degree of Medicine
• (1995-1999) Worked as a Resident doctor in the Department of Otolaryngology in the third hospital affiliated to the Tianjin Medical University
• (1999-2005) Worked in PLA Medical Postgraduate School, got Masters and Doctors degree of Medicine
• (2005-2008) post doctor in the State Key Lab of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechique, Institute of Zoology, Chinese Academy of Science
• (2008- Present) associate professor in the institute of Otolaryngology in the Chinese PLA General Hospital, working on a project about the stem cell therapy of auditory neuropathy
• (2013-2015) Visiting Scholar at Hair cell Biophysics Laboratory, Department of Biomedical Sciences, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Johan H. M. Frijns, MD, PhD
Department of Otorhinolaryngology
Head Of Centre for Audiology and Hearing Implants
Leiden University Medical Center
Albinusdreef 2, 2333 ZA Leiden, Netherlands
Dr. Frijns (1961) has a Masters degree in Applied Physics (Hons., 1983, Delft) and an MD degree (Hons., 1988, Leiden). In September 1988 he started with his research on cochlear implants in the ENT-Department of what now is called the LUMC. Between 1989 and 1994 he was educated to become an ENT-Specialist and from then on he was affiliated to this clinic as a staff member. In 1995 he completed his PhD thesis (Hons.), entitled Cochlear Implants – A Modelling Approach (promotor Prof.Dr. J.J. Grote, Leiden and co-promotor Dr. J.H. ten Kate, Delft). This thesis was awarded the 1995 prize of the Dutch ENT society, and the second prize (1995-1996) of the Dutch Biophysical Society. In 1996 he was awarded the C.J. Kokprijs 1994 of the Leiden University.
Clinically he sub-specialised in (neuro-)otology. In 1999 he founded CIRCLE, the Leiden cochlear and auditory brainstem implant program, building on the growing body of translational research on the subject of his group. At present, CIRCLE has implanted more than 850 patients (adults and children), with outcomes ranking amongst the worlds best. Frijns is teacher in a number of post-academic courses and organized several international conferences. In 2005 he became professor in Otology and Auditory Physics on behalf of the Heinsius-Houbolt Foundation. From 2005 to 2010 he was Chairman of the ENT-department of the LUMC. Since January 2006 he holds the ordinary Chair of Otorhinolaryngology. At present he is Chairman of the Centre for Audiology and Hearing Implants at the LUMC.
Navid Ahmady Roozbahany, MD
Department of otolaryngology
Shahid Beheshti University
Dr. Roozbahany, was born on July 27, 1978, which makes him 37. He was born in Tehran, but he lived in a multiple towns in Iran and Canada. His college experience was spent at Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences in the capital city of Tehran, Iran. He graduated with a Degree in Medicine, but learned so much more. He chose that degree because he originally wanted to go into the medical practice, and when he learned there was much more in medicine, he decided to look for other dimensions of this science. He was newspaper reporter for three years and he owned a weekly column in a high circulation national Iranian newspaper. As a general practitioner, he decided to earn the experience of living in rural areas and make close contact with the people living in less developed regions of the country. He spent about 2 years in a mountain village and practiced as the single medical doctor as well as manager of health and medical center where he learned how to be confident and tried to make critical decisions in extreme situations. He entered post-graduate course for studying Otolaryngology in 2005. He also enjoy being in contact with students and residents and his today’s full time job, is to work as an Assistant Professor of Otolaryngology in the University where he studied medicine.
Prawin Kumar, PhD
Department of Audiology
All India Institute of Speech and Hearing
Mysore, Karnataka, India
Dr. Kumar is MSc and PhD in Audiology from All India Institute of Speech and Hearing (AIISH) Manasagangothri, Mysore, Karnataka, India. He is currently working as a Reader in Audiology in Department of Audiology at AIISH, Mysore. He is a CBCS coordinator for postgraduate program in Department of Audiology. He involved in teaching postgraduate, graduate, and diploma students in the field of Audiology as well as speech and hearing. His research interest mainly focuses on individuals with hearing impairment, children with auditory processing disorders using both electrophysiological and psychoacoustic measures. He also involved clinical activities where he supervises graduate and postgraduate students in assessment and management of individuals with hearing impairment.
Marco Berlucchi, MD
Department of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology
Spedali Civili Hospital
Piazza Spedali Civili 1, 25123 Brescia, Italy
Dr. Berlucchi Masters Degree from University of Brescia, Italy in 1993, Residency in Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery Residency, University of Brescia, Italy, 1995 to 1998. He has Certification from Italian Society of Otorhinolaryngology and Head & Neck Surgery in 1996. Currently he is from the Department of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, Spedali Civili, Brescia, Italy, 1998.
Zakaria MN , PhD
Department of Audiology and Speech Pathology Programme
School of Health Sciences
University of Science Malaysia
16150 Kubang Kerian
Dr. Zakaria, PhD is currently the Chairman and Assistant Professor of Audiology and Speech Pathology Programme, School of Health Sciences, University Sains Malaysia (USM). He obtained a degree in Master of Clinical Audiology from The University of Western Australia in 2003 and PhD in 2007 from the same University. He teaches in various aspects of audiology and otology for undergraduate and postgraduate students. His research focus is on neurotology, electrophysiology, central auditory disorders, vestibular and tinnitus studies. He has been awarded more than 15 research grants and has authored and co-authored over 50 journal and proceeding publications. He is also the head of the translational neurosciences of BRAINetwork research group of USM, whereby he is actively involved in developing a dynamic model for the central auditory nervous system based on the Artificial Neural Network (ANN) approach. Dr. Zakaria is also working collaboratively with engineers and medical experts in developing computer based products for hearing screening and auditory training, understanding the generation auditory hallucinations, investigating the effect of acoustic stimulation in treating cancer cells and many more. To keep him further active, he has supervised more than 80 students at Doctorate, Master’s and Bachelor’s level. He has also won silver and gold medal awards for his inventions in the field of vestibular.
Eileen Margolies Raynor, MD, FACS, FAAP
Department of Pediatrics
Duke University Medical Center
Durham, NC 27703, USA
Dr. Eileen Margolies Raynor is affiliated with the Department of Surgery, Division of Head and Neck Surgery & Communication Sciences and Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham USA. She practices in all aspects of pediatric otolaryngology ranging from neonatal airway management to head and neck oncology in a tertiary care setting. She actively participates in the Cleft Palate Team, the Craniofacial Team and the Vascular Malformation team. She has initiated pediatric presence in the Duke Voice Care Clinic pairing with voice therapy for evaluation of pediatric voice disorders. The majority of her time is devoted towards undertaking clinical activities, teaching residents, research activities and administrative work.
Himanshu Kumar Sanju
Department of Audiology and Speech Language Pathology
Amity Medical School, Amity University
Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Prof. Himanshu Kumar Sanju is faculty of Audiology at Department of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology, Amity University, Haryana, India. Prof. Himanshu is the assistant editor and reviwer of many internationals journals of audiology, otolaryngology and Speech language pathology. He lectures audiology, speech language pathology and vestibular subjects for graduate and post graduate students of audiology and speech language pathology. Currently, Prof. Himanshu is doing several investigations in neuroscience.
LEONARDO ELIAS ORDÓÑEZ ORDÓÑEZ
Calle 24B No 68A-42. Int 4. Apto 116. Bogotá, Colombia.
FELLOWSHIP: Otologist-Neurotologist. HOSPITAL MILITAR CENTRAL-HOSPITAL UNIVERSITARIO CLÍNICA SAN RAFAEL, UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA. Bogotá, 2009.
POSTGRADUATE: ENT Surgeon. HOSPITAL MILITAR CENTRAL-UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR NUEVA GRANADA. Bogotá 2007.
PREGRADO: Medical Doctor. UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL DE COLOMBIA. Bogotá 1998.
Balegh Hamdy Aly Abdel Hak
ENT Faculty of Medicine
Minia University, Egypt
Balegh Hamdy Aly Abdel Hak is currently serving in the prestigious position of Professor and Vice Dean at the ENT Faculty of Medicine, Minia University, Egypt. Besides having promising academic credibility and research accomplishments, he has been associated with various renowned programmes including his participation in a 2 year joint supervision mission at the University of Innsbruck, Austria. Having a clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of ENT disorders, he has published with a multitude of national and international journals and is an active member of various organizations supporting otolaryngology research.