Hashim Mohamed, MBBch
Weill Cornell Medicine Qatar
Senior Consultant Family Medicine
Education City, Al Luqta St, Ar-Rayyan, Qatar
• (1987-1993) MBBCh, BAO Royal college of surgeons Ireland
• (2011-Present) Assistant Professor of Family Medicine in Clinical Medicine, Institution name and location Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, Doha, Qatar
• (2012-Present) Senior Consultant Family Medicine, Primary Health Care Corporation (PHCC)
• (2010-2012) Senior Consultant Family Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
• (2004-2010) Consultant Family Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
• (2000-2004) Specialist Family Medicine, Hamad Medical Corporation, Doha, Qatar
His research interest includes: Diabetic foot, Dermatological cases and Burns.
• (2009) Best paper presentation at the 1st International Conference of Family Medicine, in Sultanate of Oman
• (2014) Member of American Academy of Family Physicians
• (2013-Present) Member of European Association for Study of Diabetes (EASD)
• (2010-2012) Member of American Association of clinical endocrinologists
• (2009-2012) Member of American Diabetes Association
• (2002-2005) Member of International Union for Health Promotion & Education
1. Mohamed H, Salma MA, Al Lenjawi B, et al. The efficacy and safety of natural honey on the healing of foot ulcers: a case series. Wounds. 2015; 27(4): 103-114.
2. Mohamed H, A-Lenjawi B, Amouna P, Zotor F, El Mahdi H, Barakat N. Knowledge, attitude, and practice of type2 Arab diabetic patients in Qatar: a cross-sectional study. International journal of diabetes in developing countries. 2015. doi: 10.1007/s13410-014-0263-2
3. Mohamed H, El Lenjawi B, Abu Salma M, Abdi S. Honey based therapy for the management of a recalcitrant diabetic foot ulcer. Journal of tissue viability. 2014; 23(1): 29-33. doi: 10.1016/j.jtv.2013.06.001.
4. Mohamed H, Al-Lenjawi B, Amuna P, Zotor F, Elmahdi H. Culturally sensitive patient-centred educational programme for self-management of type 2 diabetes: a randomized controlled trial. Primary care diabetes. 2013; 7(3): 199-206. (Randomized Controlled Trial) doi: 10.1016/j.pcd.2013.05.002
5. Al Lenjawi B, Mohamed H, Ammouna P, Zotor F, Almahdi H, Hassan I. Efficacy of a culturally competent group-based educational program for type 2 diabetics: a randomized controlled trial. Middle East journal of family medicine. 2013; 10(10): 21-28.
6. Mohammed H, Abbas AA, Al Lenjawi B, Hashim M. Determinants of clients satisfaction with ambulatory care in qatar - a cross sectional study. Middle East journal of family medicine. 2012; 10(8): 20-25.
7. Mohamed H, Abo Salma M, AL Lenjawi B, Hassan I. Using honey in post-excision malignant melanoma ulcers. Journal of lymphodoema. 2012; 12(1).
8. Mohamed H. How effective is systematic care of diabetic patients? A study of four primary healthcare centers in Qatar. Qatar medical journal. 2010; 19(2): 8-13.
9. Hashim M, AL-Maseeh F, Al-Lenjawi B, Al-Kozaaei D. Knowledge, attitude and practice of complementary and alternative medicine (CMA) among pregnant women; a preliminary survey in Qatar. MEJFM. 2010; 7(10).
10. Hashim M, AL-Maseeh F, Al-Lenjawi B, Al-Kozaaei D. Treatment of refractory varicose veins ulceration by means of quadruple therapy (silvercel hydroalginat e ,compressive bandaging, micronized purified flavonoids fraction and moderate weight loss. MEJFM. 2010;8(1):16-20.
11. Bener A, Al-Ansari A, Zirie M, Al-Hamaq AOAA, Janahi IM, Mohammed HS. The Prevalence of Erectile Dysfunction in Type 2 Diabetic and Non-Diabetic Men: A Comparative Study. Curr Urol 2007; 1: 89-94. doi: 10.1159/000106541
12. Bener A, Al Marri S, Abdulaziz A, Hashim M. Do minutes court for health care ? consultation length in Tertiary care teaching hospital and in general practice. MEJFM. 2007; 5: 1-8.
13. Bener A, Hashim M, Al Marri S. It there any effect of Ramadan fasting on stroke in adence? Singapore medical journal. 2006; 47(5): 404-407.
14. Hashim M, AL-Maseeh F, Al-Lenjawi B, Al-Kozaaei D. How well do Gps and hospital consultant in Qatar interact?. Q.M.J. 2005; 14(1): 8-11.
15. Hashim M, AL-Maseeh F, Al-Lenjawi B, Al-Kozaaei D. Patients satisfaction with specialized clinics in primary care setting in Doha. Q.M.J. 2004; 1(13): 6-1.
1. Mohamed H, Abo Salma M, Al Lenjawi B, Abo Gouda Z, Hussain Z. The efficacy of natural honey in the management of second degree burn complicated by acute dermatitis in a diabetic patient. Journal of diabetes & metabolism [Internet]. 2015; 5(373): 1000373. doi: 10.4172/2155-6156.1000373
2. Mohamed H, Salma MA, Al Lenjawi B, et al. Enhancing primary healing post ray amputation in a diabetic patient: efficacy of natural honey. Journal of diabetic foot complications [Internet]. 2014; 6(1, No. 2): 13-8.
3. Mohamed H, Abu Salma M, Allenjawi B, et al. Natural honey as an adjunctive alternative in the management of diabetic foot ulcers. Wound Practice & Research. Journal of the Australian Wound Management Association. 2012; 20(4): 212.