Fayaz Mohammed Khazi, MD
Consultant Cardiothoracic Anesthetist
Dubai Health Authority
Al-Barah, Dubai, UAE
• (March 2001) FCARSCI College of Anesthetists RCSI, Dublin, Ireland
• (February 2003) CCST (Anesthesia and Intensive Care), Royal College of Anesthetists, London, UK
• (January 1992) MD (Anesthesiology), Manipal Academy of Higher Education, Manipal, India
• (January 1988) MBBS, Mangalore University, India
• (May 2009) Accreditation in Transesophageal Echocardiography, France
• October 2015-Present Consultant Cardiothoracic Anesthetist October 2015 till date, Dubai Hospital, Dubai Health Authority, Al Barah, Dubai, UAE
• Jan 2014 -Sept 2015 Consultant Cardiothoracic Anesthetist, Theatres & Surgical Division, University Hospital of North Midlands, Stoke on Trent, UK
• Oct 2004-Dec 2013 Consultant Cardiothoracic Anesthetist , Heart & Lung Centre, New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton, UK
• April 2004-Sept 2004 Consultant Cardiothoracic Anesthetist (Locum), Cardiac Centre, Moriston Hospital Swansea, UK
• Jan 2003-March 2004 Clinical Fellow in Cardiothoracic Anesthesia, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester, UK
• June 2002-Dec 2002 Senior Specialist Registrar in Anesthetics, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK
• Jan 2002-June 2002 Specialist Registrar in Anesthetics, Prince Charles Hospital, Merthyr Tydfil, UK
• Jan 2000-Dec 2001 Specialist Registrar in Anesthetics, University Hospital of Wales, Cardiff, Wales, UK
• June 1998-Dec 1999 Specialist Registrar in Anesthetics, Wrexham Maelor Hospital, Wrexham, UK
• Nov 1997-May 1998 Senior House Officer in Anesthetics, Barking, Havering & Red bridge University Hospitals Romford, Essex, UK
• Oct 1996-Oct 1997 Senior House Officer in Anesthetics, West Suffolk Hospitals, Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, UK
• March 1996-Sept 1996 Specialist in Anesthesia, King Khalid General Hospital , Hafr-al-batin, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
• Jan1993-Feb 1996 Assistant Professor in Anesthesia, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University Manipal, India
• Jan1991- Jan1993 Lecturer in Anesthesia, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University Manipal, India
• Jan 1989-Dec1990 Resident in Anesthesia, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India
• July 1988 -Dec 1988 Lecturer in Physiology, Kasturba Medical College, MAHE University, Manipal, India
• (May 1987 - June 1988) Pre-Registration House officer, Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore, India
His research interests include: Cardiothoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Critical Care, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Robotic Cardiac surgery, Trans-catheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI), Blood coagulation and Thromboelastgraphy.
1. Khazi FM, Aziz TA, Babu S, Elhoufi AM. Unusual drug response and hemodynamics, VA-ECMO. A case report. Egypt Jour Crit Care Med. 2016; 4(1): 37-38. doi: 10.1016/j.ejccm.2016.02.003
2. Akteurk D, Misra P, Luckraz H, Garnam A, Fayaz KM. Cerebral oxygenation monitoring in patients with bilateral carotid stenosis undergoing urgent cardiac surgery: Observational case series. Ann Card Anaesth. 2016; 19(1): 59-62. doi: 10.4103/0971-9784.173021
3. Misra PK, Yiu P, Billing S, Fayaz KM. Severe antiphospholipid syndrome and cardiac surgery: Perioperative management. Asian Cardiovasc Thorac Ann. 2015; 24(5): 1-3. doi: 10.1177/0218492315577879
4. Misra P, Sahajanandan R, Grosvenor M, Laksmanan S, Luckraz H, Fayaz KM. The role of point-of-care assessment of platelet function in predicting postoperative bleeding and transfusion requirements after coronary artery bypass grafting. Ann Card Anaesth. 2015; 18(1): 49-51. doi: 0.4103/0971-9784.148321
5. Misra PK, Chnaris A, Luckraz H, Mohammed F. A novel method for the management of patients with heparin-induced thrombocytopenia during cardiac surgery. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg. 2014; 18(6): 850-852. doi: 10.1093/icvts/ivu030
6. Saeed JB, Luckraz H, Neville A, Fayaz KM. 646: ICU readmission post cardiac surgery: Predictive factors and outcome in a propensity matched cohort. Society Crit Care Med. 2013; 41(12). doi: 10.1097/01.ccm.0000439884.33142.8a
7. Fayaz KM, Watkins C, Cartwright J, Luckraz H. Lung Lavage techniques-Video presentation as an expert techniques in Society of cardiothoracic surgery network, United Kingdom & Ireland. 2013.
8. Mitchell J, Webb S, Fayaz KM. Anesthesia for whole lung lavage in auto immune pulmonary alveolar proteinosis,-a two center experience. ACTA. 2012.
9. Mitchell J, Fayaz M, Webb ST. How to anaesthetize a patient with pulmonary alveolar proteinosis for whole lung lavage. ACTA Newsletter. 2013.
10. Webb S, Fayaz KM. Recent advances in the treatment of pulmonary alveolar proteinosis. J appli physiolo. 2014.
11. Mele S, Martinelli GM, Frost A, Fayaz KM. Usefulness of intraoperative TOE in cardiac surgery. ACTA. 2007.
12. Barker TA, Bratch RK, Fayaz KM, Lakshmanan S. The use of renal dose dopamine in cardiac surgery intensive care units in UK. ACTA. 2006.
13. Fayaz KM, Lakshmannan S, Golding D, Bhogal P, Mayo M, Walters L. Does prolonged INR predict postoperative coagulopathy? ACTA. 2007.
14. Fayaz KM, Pugh S, Balachandran S, Sudheer PS, Hall JE. Histamine release during adult cardiopulmonary bypass. Anesthesia. 2005; 60(12): 1179-1184. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2044.2005.04368.x
15. Fayaz KM, Abel RJ, Pugh SJ, Hall JE. Opioid sparing effects of Diclofenac and paracetamol lead to improved outcomes after cardiac surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2004; 18(6): 742-747. doi: 10.1053/j.jvca.2004.08.012