Cheryl Reifer, PhD, RD, LD
Interim VP, Scientific Affairs Consultant
Sprim Advanced Life Science
Cheryl J. Reifer, LLC
4601 Cape Charles Dr. Plano
TX 75024, USA
Cheryl Reifer, PhD, RD is an educator, public speaker, clinical dietitian, clinical nutrition manager and food industry consultant executive and published researcher with over 20 years of experience.
Cheryl has worked internationally in business development, assisting food companies needs in regulatory affairs, research, and health marketing. Clinically, Cheryl has worked in hospitals, outpatient clinics, nursing homes in areas of medical nutrition therapy such as diabetes, heart disease, organ failure, nutrition support, etc. as well as serving as a manager over dietitians, developing and implementing policies and systems, etc. As a speaker, Cheryl has appeared on the Health and Science TV network, served on pharmacy speaker bureaus and served on panels such as for the Ft Worth Life Science Coalition. Published research interest areas include diabetes and probiotics. Current weight loss interests include teaching/implementing a heart healthy program for contractors to the military. Cheryl has recently been asked to be on one of the boards for the Dietitians in Business and Communications.
Her research interest areas include diabetes and probiotics.
PRESENTATIONS AND POSTERS
1. Panelist: Fort Worth Life Science Coalition (FWLSC.org), December 5, 2010 “Hot Topics in Nutrition” at Arts 5th Avenue, 1628 5th Ave, Ft. Worth, TX, USA.
2. Abstract Presentation: Marketing Challenges pertaining to Probiotics and Prebiotics Program: Nutraceutical, Functional Foods, and Dietary Supplements: Science, Methodologies and Applications) November 1-4, 2009 – Golden Gate Holiday Inn (Van Ness Ave) San Francisco, CA - International Society for Nutraceuticals and Functional Foods (ISNFF.org) – 2009 Conference and Exhibition.
3. Poster Session: World Congress of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition (August 16-20, 2008). Title: A randomized, controlled trial of probiotics on cold and flu-like symptom incidence and duration in children. (Publication pending – co-author for poster and publication)
4. Publication and Presentation: Presented at the LVMH Recherche Symposium VIII – May 12, 2008 – Shanghai, China. Published in the Chinese Journal of Dermatology. Assessment of the effects of pollution, physiological aging and sun-exposure on skin-aging features of Chinese women.
5. Reviewer: “The ABC Clinical Guide to Herbs.
6. Diabetes in Women: (2002) The Health &Science TV Network (HSTN) – aired nationally; & KEOM radio/TV: Enteral Nutition: 2 programs (nasogastric and jejunostomy feeding)(2004) HSTN – aired 6. Nationally;Nutrition and Pulmonary Disease (2002 – 2003) Nutrition based Continuing Education programs for Pro-Med.
7. Speaker’s Bureau: Roche and Knoll Pharmaceuticals; Presenter for Primary Care Update XXI, CME, 1999 (300+ physician audience).
1. Li S, Deremaux L, Pochat M, et al. NUTRIOSE dietary fiber supplementation improves insulin resistance and determinants of metabolic syndrome in overweight men: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. Applied Physiology, Nutrition and Metabolism. 2010; 35: 773-782.doi: 10.1139/H10-074.
2. Ya W, Reifer C, Miller LE. Efficacy of vaginal probiotic capsules for recurrent bacterial vaginosis: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study. American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology. 2010; 203: e1-120.e6.doi: 10.1016/j.ajog.2010.05.023.
3. Gao XW, Mubasher M, Fang CY, Reifer C, Miller LE. Dose-response efficacy of a proprietary probiotic formula of lactobacillus acidophilus CL1285 and lactobacillus casei LBC80R for antibiotic-associated diarrhea and clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea prophylaxis in adult patients. American Journal of Gastroenterology. 2010; 105: 1636-1641.doi: 10.1038/ajg.2010.11.
4. Leyer GJ, Li S, Mubasher ME, Reifer C, Ouwehand AC. Probiotic effects on cold and influenza-like symptom incidence and duration in children. Pediatrics. 2009; 124: e172-9.doi: 10.1542/peds.2008-2666.
5. Guerin-Deremaux Li S, Pochat M, Wils D, Mubasher M, Reifer C, Miller L. Effects of Nutriose dietary fiber supplementation on body weight, body composition, Energy intake, hunger in overweight men. Sciences and Nutrition. Int J Food Sci Nutr. 2011; 62(6): 628-35.doi: 10.3109/09637486.2011.569492.
6. Guerin-Deremaux L, Pochat M, Reifer C, Wils D, Cho S, Miller LE. The soluble fiber NUTRIOSE induces a dose-dependent beneficial impact on satiety over time in humans. Nutr Res. 31(9): 665-72.doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2011.09.004.
7. Waller PA, Gopal PK, Leyer GJ, Ouwehand A, Reifer C, Stewart ME, Miller LE. Dose-response effect of Bifidobacterium lactis HN019 on whole gut transit time and functional gastrointestinal symptoms in adults. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2011; 46(9): 1057-64.doi: 10.3109/00365521.2011.584895.
8. Guerrin-Deremaux, Pochat M, Reifer C, Wils D, Cho S, Miller, LE. Dose-response impact of a soluble fiber, NUTRIOSE, on energy intake, body weight and body fat in humans. Journal of Epidemic Global Obesity.doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.7243/2052-5966-1-2
9. Shaw-Perry M, Reifer C, Vinson S, Rager R, Cissell W. Perceptions about diabetes among non diabetic African American women: Implications for education and screening programs. The Health Education Monograph Series: Special Issue on Minority Health. Eta Sigma Gamma, National Professional Health Education Honorary. 22: 1, 2005.
10. Reifer C. Food scientists today. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(6): e19-e20.
11. Reifer C. Food scientists today. Adv Food Technol Nutr Sci Open J. 2015; 1(6): e19-e20. doi: 10.17140/AFTNSOJ-1-e007